Why can't anyone say a bad word....

jerseygirl79

Alright jerseygirl, I will prove you are wrong! I will post a thread completely bashing Carnival and will have everyone agreeing with me! It will be titled "Carnival is Horrible"! I bet I don't get flamed, bashed or even called a troll!:rolleyes:

So if you had visitors in your home who left and then went out and told total strangers to them that your house was filthy, that you served them nothing but slop and that you threw them and there belongings out on the front lawn, that you would not want your "friends", who may have been there at the same time, or the week before or after, setting the record straight for other "friends" you may have come stay with you at another time?

Because that is what it amount to to come on here and bash a cruise for rediculous reasons. I have seen some reviews talk about how dirty and filthy the ship I was just on was and the ship was so clean, I would have almost eaten off the deck.

Are you trying to make the point that all Carnival cheerleaders are actually Carnival employees or "owners"? If not, your metaphor seems pretty invalid to me.

about Carnival? I love Carnival. It's the only line I've sailed so far, but it seems to me if anyone says something negative they are flamed or given a hard time for not giving a glowing review. And it seems that the people who flame the worse are the ones who preference their comments by saying, "I'm not a Carnival cheerleader...." As soon as I see these words I Know what's coming next.

I'm still getting used to these boards and I understand there are trolls (still learning about this one), but everyone with a negative experience isn't a troll or whiner.

Sometimes, it just is what it is.

I have no problem with people giving honest objective views and criticisms of Carnival. They aren't perfect.

I've had things go wrong on my cruises too. What drives me up a wall are people who make outrageous complaints and often don't stick around to give any real details.

Some of my "favorites" are " All the food was terrible" and "There was nothing to do" Others that I'll react to are the people who cruise Carnival because it is a good value but then expect service as though they were paying thousands more. They get on here and whine that their "whole vacation was ruined" because of one small thing going wrong. Sorry but sometimes you just have to accept a problem for what it is and then get on with life.

I really have to wonder how these people make it through life.

Was that too harsh?

I have no problem with people giving honest objective views and criticisms of Carnival. They aren't perfect.

I've had things go wrong on my cruises too. What drives me up a wall are people who make outrageous complaints and often don't stick around to give any real details.

Some of my "favorites" are " All the food was terrible" and "There was nothing to do" Others that I'll react to are the people who cruise Carnival because it is a good value but then expect service as though they were paying thousands more. They get on here and whine that their "whole vacation was ruined" because of one small thing going wrong. Sorry but sometimes you just have to accept a problem for what it is and then get on with life.

I really have to wonder how these people make it through life.

Was that too harsh?

My favorite current complaint....they have someone serving you bacon and they only gave me a little! Try to find out if they asked for more and they won't reply. Or the person who was so upset because they only had cheesecake one night :eek:

My favorite is "they have the same food at every breakfast ". Yes they do BUT they have about 40 different choices. How many do you have at home each morning?? Try eating a FEW different ones each morning and you will never have to repeat your breakfast for the whole cruise.;)

My favorite current complaint....they have someone serving you bacon and they only gave me a little! Try to find out if they asked for more and they won't reply. Or the person who was so upset because they only had cheesecake one night :eek:

The "bacon police" one cracks me up too :D My husband loves bacon and has always been served more when he wants it. I wish all the buffet food were served by staff. The folks using their hands, sneezing, overloading their plates, etc. is - ewwww!

I think it is because some people just write a general negative review with nothing to back it up...like "Victory Sucked" thread

I doubt if ANY cruise is HORRIBLE (or perfect for that matter)

I do hate reviews where people are just stupid...like one where a mom is angry that she couldn't put her diaper wearing infant in a pool...duhhhh

I also think that reviews about people's flying problems have nothing to do with the cruise....the airlines suck for the most part it seems....fly in ahead of time

I live in Florida and have not had to worry about that (tho I want to cruise to Alaska next summer and then I will have to go thru that hassle, expense and mindboggling logistical problems haha)

Some people also don't seem to understand how things work....ie, they book early savers but don't read the rules....they book a guarantee and are then pizzed if they don't get some fantastic upgrade....they live in a dream world and set themselves up to be unhappy IMHO

I think some of the dumbest posts are from people who don't take out insurance and have a problem...sad but that is the "breaks"....what is the point of insurance if Carnival would just cover all uninsured people and give them a free cruise if something happens?? that is the point of insurance?

There was a really silly thread about some "pastor and his wife" who failed to get passports to enter Canada for a cruise from Vancouver...that was just mindbogglingly silly. How can people expect Carnival to cover that??

Now...are there some problems on ships?? Anymore not that much on Carnival that I really see....there have been some "propulson" problems on a few (older) ships

at one point, before upgrades, some of the older ships may have been a bit worn

but the new upgrades are fantastic

from time to time a particular (usually older) ship will have some distinct problem..

like a smell on ONE deck...or aircond problems.....

but I like Carnival...

MOST of the complaints here are simply silly

now IF you read some complaints on other cruiselines, like some of the Italian ones,

or European ones, they have some real deal breaking problems (like no buffet open at night, bad food, lots of smokers, crew that does not speak english etc)

Lots of the "complaints" here are about silly things out of Carnivals control

The Carnival "Product" is great IMHO for the price

Archived