Did anyone else get an automated call re: docs?

MamaParrotHead

Not that I wasn't all ready aware of this (thanks to CC), but I did receive an automated call from Carnival today regarding the end of paper docs. I think it said as of 8/25. I didn't know if I had received this call because of the proximity of my cruise, or if Carnival just finally decided to make a bigger effort to get the "word" out regarding the switch to edocs.

I just got the call about 30 minutes ago.

I assumed it was because we have a cruise that leaves in 32 days.

I will miss my mailed documents....but I understand the savings. :(

Yep, just received the call.... Sad I won't be able to do the doc dance at the mail box anymore :(

Not that I wasn't all ready aware of this (thanks to CC), but I did receive an automated call from Carnival today regarding the end of paper docs. I think it said as of 8/25. I didn't know if I had received this call because of the proximity of my cruise, or if Carnival just finally decided to make a bigger effort to get the "word" out regarding the switch to edocs.

It was exciting getting them in the mail , but I really love that I book the cruise and go right to my pre registering sail and sign account and print out my documents and WALLA instant tickets :)

I don't like the luggage tage either but, the baggage guys always put tags on at the port anyway (the originals like we use to get in the mail) so it really doesn't matter.

Can't wait just 8 more days:D

Stacy, our next cruise isn't 'till next April, and I got the call on the answering machine today.

Like you said, it wasn't a "shocker", but at least CCL let us know!

I got a call about 20 minutes ago during dinner. DH answered the phone....I guess listened to half of it, and ran to me with the phone. All I heard was "thank you for choosing Carnival!". I was upset that I had no clue what the call was about. It was automated.....but now I figure this is what it was about. Gee....why couldn't DH just listen to the call and tell me what it said??????? uggghhhh

we will miss doing the doc dance too!

we printed extra luggage tags on card stock and then cover them with clear packaging tape punch hole and attach with ziptie. makes them thicker and stronger they were actually better than the ones they sent in the mail....

~S

Yep, we got the call this afternoon. I knew they were going to stop the mailed docs, but I was also hoping to get them in the mail one last time. WE sail in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll print them off and make a big deal of presenting them to Hubby. It won't replace the exitement of receiving them in the mail, but putting the tags on the luggage will have to be our pre cruise fun.

I feel left out . . . my cruise leaves in ten days and I haven't gotten a call from Carnival. I love getting my docs in the mail . . . it's like an "event" . . . I do my little dance, pet my dog so she doesn't think I've gone crazy and then get serious about packing. Yes, I finally did get my docs online but it will never be the same . . . :mad:

Archived