Last minute Questions for Mariner

OK, we leave for our vacation Wednesday and our cruise next Sunday-Family has several questions-

Please tell me deck 9 was a smart move? I'm hoping I don't awaken to shaking and loud noices as I did on my last cruise at 4am..
Can you or can you not take 2 bottles of wine in your luggage?
Is it ok for the men to take coat and tie as well as a suit for 2 formal nights?
We have a return flight at 1230pm after cruise, can someone tell me about express checkout or do I need to go ask for white tags, if so, when do I get this taken care of?

Thanks so much!

Hi!

You should be fine on Deck 9. We were on Deck 9 on the Navigator and didn't hear any noise but I guess it depends where your cabin is?

Don't know about the wine since we don't drink. You can try to bring it in your suitcase.

My husband wore a suit for formal nite. It's fine. Some men don't even put on a jacket and it's fine!

Get early tags to get off the ship! Our flight didn't leave until 1:40 p.m. and we marked the time between 12:00-1:30 p.m. for our return flight. We didn't get to Orlando International Airport until 12:20 p.m. Good thing our flight was at Noon!

Enjoy your cruise! We had a fantastic time and just got back on May 2nd! Captain Johnny is great! We are having serious cruise withdrawal!!

Enjoy! Kelly

Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Sovereign of the Seas 11/96
Rhapsody of the Seas 2/98
Celebrity Century 5/01
Adventure of the Seas 4/02
Navigator of the Seas 4/03~C & A Member Cruise
Mariner of the Seas 4/04

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]Sorry I meant to say Good thing our flight WASN'T at Noon!!!

Kelly

Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Sovereign of the Seas 11/96
Rhapsody of the Seas 2/98
Celebrity Century 5/01
Adventure of the Seas 4/02
Navigator of the Seas 4/03~C & A Member Cruise
Mariner of the Seas 4/04

They do offer the option of you carrying your own luggage off the ship. You'll be one of the first off if you choose this option. You'll also get priority disembarkation if you happen to be in a suite or a diamond/platnium C&A member. If none of these options work, just let them know you have an early flight and you should get the appropriate colored tags to get you off in one of the first groups.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Mariner of the Seas

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;04;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Sovereign of the Seas

Briternik,

Tampa is 2.5 hours away from cape Canaveral and you also need to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight.

You DO need to be one of the first to get off the ship. On my cruise, the first group left the ship around 8:15AM.

Have a great trip [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

disembarkment occurs as soon as the ship clears - which is as soon as they find those people who have outstanding bills at the pursers desk. When they stop announcing names during breakfast.. you know it's going to be soon.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

I was on deck 10 of the Mariner in April and never heard a peep of anything going on in the clubs or at the Promenade, etc.

My friend did early debarkation and was in his car by 8 am (and pretty much home b/4 I even got off the ship!) We did not get off the ship until after 9 and some other friends as late as 11 so make sure you do the early debarkation (you will definitely have to carry your all of own luggage and there are limited passes to get to do this so get yours early) or the white tages.

Have a GREAT time. The Mariner is a wonderful ship. Feel free to ask any me questions about her.

Scgirl- Two bottles of wine in your suitcase should be no problem. We had two bottles in a bottle carrier in our luggage when we cruised in March.

Briternik- Tampa Airport is quite easy to check in and pass through security to get to your gate. The thing I would be concerned about would be if the ship was delayed docking at Port. I was on the Mariner when it had to make an emergency stop in Nassau and the first ones off started after 10 AM.

SCgirl

Try to get white tags or very early tags. I have found that my room steward has availability to some tags in his work area.

The Mariner also allocates the quantity of tags in each color group and will put the leftovers out for anyone to take once they have met all the needs. I advanced several colors in this method.

Hope that helps.

John

Royal Caribbean - Platinum
Princess - Platinum
Celebrity - Classic
HAL - 50 Days
Others - Yes
Delta - Million Miler

Archived