Ocho Rios Excursion

My GF and I are thinking about taking the Inner Tubing on the White River in Ocho Rios, has anyone done this? What would you do with your "beach bag" while you are innner Tubing, before you get to Shaw Park Beach? is it worth the $77. pp. ?

Thanks in advance,

John

While I am not familiar with this excursion, I have tubed in Jamaica. We took a tour with Peat Taylor and that was an option he offered. You can search for him on these boards. He will basically design a tour to do whatever you like. (horseback ridding on the beach, beach break, shopping tubing etc,) He takes you to the falls and then off to do whatever you like. If you haven't climbed DunnRiver Falls, He is also much less expensive than the ship tours. I highly encourage it. It is a beautiful setting and a really fun time. River tubing was also a real kick. Peat is a really nice guy and he keeps his people safe which is a consideration in Jamaica. Whatever you decide to do, have a great time. Bon Voyage.

We were in Ocho Rios last year, and we booked a tour through Marva Shaw at http://www.knowjamaica.com/

They picked us up at the pier and took us to Dunn's River Falls so we could climb up the falls, and afterwards we went tubing on the White River. Her trips are much less expensive than the ones you can book through RCCL, and the service was excellent. We loved it. :)

Hello John,

My husband and I will be stopping in Ochos Rios on September 30th when our FOS ship docks. We are doing a private tour through Mark Morris or Trevor Hudlin. Check them out. They both have rave reviews and affordable prices, much cheaper than the ship.

I did my tubing tour with Mark Morris and can't speak highly enough of him. He is considerate of each person's needs and desires, going out of his way to accomodate. The cost was far less than that offered by the cruise line, and we avoided the crowds by booking a small tour.

Archived