Circular Quay

fitzany1

On our ROS cruise in April,checking our bags in at Circular Quay was a real treat.They load your bags into a small truck.When that is full, they back it up about a distance of 50 metres and proceed to unload it.This takes about 4 blokes to do it.Was absolutely amazed at this.For $20 I would have walked my bag all that way (50 metres).

If departing from Circular Quay can you book your bags in early like you can at wharf 8? Thank's. Kay

On our cruise on Rhapsody in Oct 08 we arrived at the Quay at 10.45am ...porters took our bags and we boarded immediately by 11.30am we had boarded ,unpacked and was up by the pool sampling that first cruise drink....no hassles at all at embarkation.we didnt sail until 6.30pm so we had 1/2 a day in sydney.sxdome people mainly from interstate checked in unpacked , got off and had 3 or 4 hours to check out sydney.

Col:)

On our ROS cruise in April,checking our bags in at Circular Quay was a real treat.They load your bags into a small truck.When that is full, they back it up about a distance of 50 metres and proceed to unload it.This takes about 4 blokes to do it.Was absolutely amazed at this.For $20 I would have walked my bag all that way (50 metres).

Do they charge for this?

On our cruise on Rhapsody in Oct 08 we arrived at the Quay at 10.45am ...porters took our bags and we boarded immediately by 11.30am we had boarded ,unpacked and was up by the pool sampling that first cruise drink....no hassles at all at embarkation.we didnt sail until 6.30pm so we had 1/2 a day in sydney.sxdome people mainly from interstate checked in unpacked , got off and had 3 or 4 hours to check out sydney.

Col:)

Hi Col,

You mentioned porters take your bags. Do you tip for this?

I haven't cruised from Circular Quay so am unsure of the whole process.

With P&O, we arrived, dropped off our luggage at one section and proceeded to the terminal.

Thanks for your advice :)

Hi Col,

You mentioned porters take your bags. Do you tip for this?

I haven't cruised from Circular Quay so am unsure of the whole process.

With P&O, we arrived, dropped off our luggage at one section and proceeded to the terminal.

Thanks for your advice :)

When the ship's come back into Sydney or Brisbane P&O specifically ask you not to tip the porters etc in the terminal. I expect the same would apply for departures.

We dropped our bags early, about 9am. It's interesting to see how "carefully" they load the luggage. Try not to look. Better still don't pack anything fragile.

Thanks everyone for your advice regarding the porters.

I thought you were serious for a moment Maxx but I have noted the sarcasm! I will try not to look back at my luggage! :)

Archived