Carnival Dream- New Cat 8D Wrap Around OR A CAT 11 ?

mr jailerman

Hi Guys :).. Well here is the deal :rolleyes::D ! I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of those TWO BRAND NEW Cat 8D Aft Wrap Cabins on Deck 9 (Vista) on my upcoming Carnival Dream cruise. I have to admit that I have spoiled myself a bit now having 3 Suites in the past and am worried a bit about the cabin space in this cabin for my first 7 night cruise ? Part of me thinks that I should just bite the bullet and upgrade to a Cat 11 now (And work EVEN MORE O.T to cover that cost:confused::D). The other part of me whom has never had a Wrap Balcony says that this is a great chance to do so for $500.00 less then the Cat 9A's are currently going for ? This will be our one nice family vacation for next year and I, AS EVERYONE want it to be nice. I know the Wrap Cabin I have is to small to even have a couch in it although I am sure that the great balcony more then makes up for it. What would you more experienced cruises do ? Thanks for any input and have a great night :).. Kurt

I would keep the wraps! They are awesome, and you will save quite a bit of money. Of course, if you don't take advantage of the balcony when you cruise, the the suite would be a better choice for you. We opt for the extra room on the balcony!

I would keep the wraps! They are awesome, and you will save quite a bit of money. Of course, if you don't take advantage of the balcony when you cruise, the the suite would be a better choice for you. We opt for the extra room on the balcony!

Yeah, I am leaning with the Wrap also as I will be with a small group and the balcony space will be nice to have. Thanks for the input :)..

Suites are WAAAY better than wraps. There's nothing that compares to a mid ship suite in either Cat 11 or Cat 12. The suites are HUGE especially compared to the shoebox size Cat 9 closets errr cabins. Suites are also more abundant because there's a greater demand for them.

Wraps are for people who don't mind smoke, debri from above, onlookers, and rough rough rough bouncy vibrating rides.

We always book last minute and they have stuck us in 9A wraps several times because they can't get people to pay for them.

Suites are WAAAY better than wraps. There's nothing that compares to a mid ship suite in either Cat 11 or Cat 12. The suites are HUGE especially compared to the shoebox size Cat 9 closets errr cabins. Suites are also more abundant because there's a greater demand for them.

Wraps are for people who don't mind smoke, debri from above, onlookers, and rough rough rough bouncy vibrating rides.

We always book last minute and they have stuck us in 9A wraps several times because they can't get people to pay for them.

Thanks Paul :D!! Even though I already know that your a Wrap man :D:)!!

P.S I just checked out your photos Paul, I think I could really learn to be a Wrap man to !! VERY NICE !!:) I see your getting on the Dream when we are getting off. What Wrap to you Grab for that cruise ?

My thoughts, EXACTLY!!! :o I HATE those awful aft wraps..!!!:mad:;) YUK!:rolleyes:

.........What Wrap to you Grab for that cruise ?

Mr Jailerman,

They stuck us in 6479. :o

We really didn't choose it; we chose an aft wrap on Glory a couple years ago when we read here on CC that Dream would be replacing Glory and the booking was automatically transferred to Dream. In essence they really did just stick us in a wrap! :D

My guess is that 6479 will be similar to Cat 11 aft wraps on Spirt Class with the public walk around deck below (wasn't a problem at all).

If I would have chosen, I would have picked the 8D aft wraps simply because there's five of us and we need side by side cabins that sleep a total of five. None of the 9A cabins on Dream sleep three or have a cabin beside them that sleeps three. :( The room itself is irrelevant; the lure of aft wraps is the balcony. Even on Legend's aft wrap, I liked the balcony more than the room.

Wrap for me! We had a wrap on the Splendor last fall and I would take it over a Cat 11 suite...I might trade up for a 12. I am on the Dream next April, but can't get a wrap for 3. I do have a wrap on the Valor April 2011, along with the room next to it with a longer balcony...we should have an ENORMOUS balcony for that morning tea and evening cocktails. In any case, have fun, as I know you will!

Mr Jailerman,

They stuck us in 6479. :o

We really didn't choose it; we chose an aft wrap on Glory a couple years ago when we read here on CC that Dream would be replacing Glory and the booking was automatically transferred to Dream. In essence they really did just stick us in a wrap! :D

My guess is that 6479 will be similar to Cat 11 aft wraps on Spirt Class with the public walk around deck below (wasn't a problem at all).

If I would have chosen, I would have picked the 8D aft wraps simply because there's five of us and we need side by side cabins that sleep a total of five. None of the 9A cabins on Dream sleep three or have a cabin beside them that sleeps three. :( The room itself is irrelevant; the lure of aft wraps is the balcony. Even on Legend's aft wrap, I liked the balcony more than the room.

Thanks Paul :)..

Wrap for me! We had a wrap on the Splendor last fall and I would take it over a Cat 11 suite...I might trade up for a 12. I am on the Dream next April, but can't get a wrap for 3. I do have a wrap on the Valor April 2011, along with the room next to it with a longer balcony...we should have an ENORMOUS balcony for that morning tea and evening cocktails. In any case, have fun, as I know you will!

Thanks Peaceful :D!! I will manage to have fun ;)!! The BEST CABIN I have ever had was a Cat 12. Thank God they were all sold out by the time I booked this cruise (:D$$$$).

Archived