Danny and Explorer getting in on time...

Your best guess?

Storm projections show 2am Saturday around MD-VA.

Explorer has a sea day Friday (I think they'll make it to Bermuda today, good for them!) but will they come into Bayonne early to beat the storm?

Are their harbor boats out there in the middle of the night to guide them in? (Because I believe that's all mandated by maritime law, right?)

Or the more important question, :p am I going to be sitting on the New Jersey Turnpike waiting for the ship

to arrive on Saturday! Ha!

Your best guess?

Storm projections show 2am Saturday around MD-VA.

Explorer has a sea day Friday (I think they'll make it to Bermuda today, good for them!) but will they come into Bayonne early to beat the storm?

Are their harbor boats out there in the middle of the night to guide them in? (Because I believe that's all mandated by maritime law, right?)

Or the more important question, :p am I going to be sitting on the New Jersey Turnpike waiting for the ship

to arrive on Saturday! Ha!

Just got on line to ask the same questions..............where is the Exployer!

Hi, I'm covering TS Danny for Cruise Critic this week. Royal Caribbean says no changes to any itineraries so far but that could change. The problem with this storm is that it's moving erratically so it's hard to predict. The original forecast had the storm more to the west, crossing through NC, but now it's moved over some. Definitely expect bad weather in the mid-Atlantic and New England states this weekend, but we won't know for a while if it'll be bad enough to affect itineraries.

If I had to guess, I'd say that from the current predictions, Explorer of the Seas can beat the storm to Bayonne, but I'm no meteorologist -- or cruise ship captain!

Definitely keep an eye on our Hurricane Zone (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/hurricane.cfm) -- we update it at least twice a day and I'll be covering the storm over the weekend as well.

Thanks Erica. The 8-29 cruisers will be following this closely! :cool:

Again, as long as the ship gets in so we can get on her, I'm good. I figure once Danny gets moving north, we'll have NO problems getting to Bermuda!

See post on other Danny thread.

Hopefully this is NOT where the Explorer is. They would've missed Bermuda yesterday.

The site shows the Explorer last reported in on 8-26 so hopefully she's out to sea today, on her way in!!!

Thanks for this site Bill, it is way cool!

If you did your on line paper work, they ask you for emergency contact.Well last year we took the Explorer.We were contacted the night before our cruise that the Explorer has slowed down do to a storm and would probaly be late coming in to dock.On Sunday[sailing date]RCCL contacted our daughter[emergency number]and told them to contact us and tell us that the ship would not dock till about 2-3PM and not come to the dock until 5PM.We arrived at 530 and the ship was still disembarking.We got on the ship about 730 and the ship left about 1AM.There was no problem with dinner that night they had open seating.

Archived