Party of 6 - need tranporation advise

parks & rec

We are going to be a party of 6 with luggage. I want to stop at Total Wine and Publix before heading to the ship. Can anyone suggest transportation. Would we just split into 2 groups and get 2 taxis, as I don't think shuttles would stop for shopping. I was also thinking of surprising everyone with a limo, but cost would be a factor.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We are going to be a party of 6 with luggage. I want to stop at Total Wine and Publix before heading to the ship. Can anyone suggest transportation. Would we just split into 2 groups and get 2 taxis, as I don't think shuttles would stop for shopping. I was also thinking of surprising everyone with a limo, but cost would be a factor.

Just send the people who need to make wine selections to the store in one taxi and the others straight to the ship. I wonder if even two taxis will be enough for six people and luggage.

Where are you sailing from ?

Unless you arrange for a van, a taxi including luggage would probably only hold 2 of you in each.

What I would do is take a list of what needs to be purchased at Total Wine from everyone. Have two taxis head for the pier and make arrangements for one taxi to stop and wait at Total Wine and more while you run in an pick up your order. Not sure if you realize it but you can actually pre-order whatever you would like and they will have it ready for you to pop in, pick up, and be on your way. This way, it only takes a matter of minutes to pick up what was ordered online, and you will be at the pier only minutes after the first two taxis arrive.

This would probably be the most economical way for the transfer. :) Enjoy!

Not sure how much luggage you will be traveling with, but the number of taxis will depend on the bag count also. Most taxis can hold 4 large (26-28 inch)suitcases in the trunk with carry ons placed in the back seat. If you all travel with only one bag and a carry on each, there is a possibility of fitting three passengers in each taxi, therefore only needing to hire two. Enjoy!

FYI-I tried to get you the link to the Total Wine and More online shopping sight for Fort Lauderdale, but it doesn't seem to be accessible this morning, sorry!

Archived