San Jaun Beaches -Public

RN1986

I know wthis question has been asked before. I am looking for a beach for the day that is clean and calmer. I would like to be able to rent a chair and umbrella and swim.

Can somebody please advise which beach would be best.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
I know wthis question has been asked before. I am looking for a beach for the day that is clean and calmer. I would like to be able to rent a chair and umbrella and swim.

Can somebody please advise which beach would be best.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Bump

I am looking for the same info. A beach that is a short cab ride from the cruise port.

Thanks !

I would say "Playita del Condado" (which is actually the beach the Condado Plaza uses).

It is small, but clean and has chair/umbrella rentals, showers and food.

You would have to ask to use the hotels bathrooms.

More info- do a goggle search "playita del condado"

Escambron is a little closer, but I don't think it has chair rentals.

I would say "Playita del Condado" (which is actually the beach the Condado Plaza uses).

It is small, but clean and has chair/umbrella rentals, showers and food.

You would have to ask to use the hotels bathrooms.

More info- do a goggle search "playita del condado"

Escambron is a little closer, but I don't think it has chair rentals.

thanks, How long of a cab ride is it approximately?

I'd love your help also. Our ship will be there in January from 2 - 10 midweek. We're a group of 4 traveling together. Love beaches and old cities so San Juan should be great!

Sounds like you will have a little time on the beach if you want (but really, you will find better (prettier) beaches on some of the other ports.

If I were you, I would stick to touring Old San Juan. Find a nice walking tour (either on-line or from a book). I think you are in port on a Tuesday.

I would probably start walking to the left after leaving the ship and stop off at the Don Q center for free drinks. Then go next door to the PR Tourism company for more free drinks.

Now that you are properly "hydrated", continue walking to the left along the massive wall, see the fountain, walk around, enter through the SJ Gate,, then up the street to the Cathedral on Cristo street, maybe do a little shopping as you walk this area (walk down to the end ® to see the chapel and Fortaleza (the Governor's mansion). Then walk up the hill to EL Morro fort. Buy the 2 fort ticket and make sure you get down to Fort San Crisotbal by 6pm for the free dance show (Lelolai). From the upstairs, you will have a great view of your ship.

After the show, you will be hungry and/or tired. You can walk down through the Colon Plaza and find a great restaurant along Fortaleza street or Recinto Sur (somewith indoor or outsoor seating). There will be artisans set up in this plaza/Recinto sur area.

Then you can walk just a few more blocks to your ship.

We are a group of 6 that will be arriving in late Dec. Me and my hubby, two 20 year olds, a 17 year old and a 13 year old. Kids love to beach it and swim but would also like a little adventure that is safe. We will be in port all day 8-5.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I am sure they would like a small city tour but then on to the fun stuff!!!

We are a group of 6 that will be arriving in late Dec. Me and my hubby, two 20 year olds, a 17 year old and a 13 year old. Kids love to beach it and swim but would also like a little adventure that is safe. We will be in port all day 8-5.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I am sure they would like a small city tour but then on to the fun stuff!!!

Sure, you can fit in some activity and a little Old City tour.

There are lots of adventures, here are a few that are pretty close by:

zip lines in The La Marquesa forest and zip line adventures elsewhere (there is a 1/2 day trip that supplies transportation- includes hiking, river/waterfall walking, zip line and lunch), Jet Ski tours, and biking or kayaking in Pinones.

But you might want to go to the Isla Verde beach area instead. This is where they will offer Jet Skis, sailboat rentals, banana boat rides, para sailing trips etc. And all the beach amenities you wanted.

Archived