Wheelchair accessible cabs at MIA

Lapa

I'm flying to MIA in October. I've read that you can just go to the counter and get a wheelchair accessible cab in a reasonable time. Is this true? How long does it take? We'll be there on Thursday at 6 PM.

I'm flying to MIA in October. I've read that you can just go to the counter and get a wheelchair accessible cab in a reasonable time. Is this true? How long does it take? We'll be there on Thursday at 6 PM.

Can just go to the counter and get a wheelchair accessible cab in a reasonable time ? Yes just go to the Taxi Ground Tranportation area curbside.

How long does it take ? Reasonable time is dependent on availablility vs. demand that day. On Cruise debarkation and embarkation days, accessible taxi's may be a little busier than a regular week day. But you shouldn't have a problem.

Here's the link to the MIA Airport webpage reagrding Disabled Traveler information : http://www.miami-airport.com/html/ada.html

I was with a friend who uses a chair we just went out the door of the luggage area found the taxi pickup/dropoff and within 10 minutes we had a taxi. It was nice because when the wheelchair taxi showed up one of the men wheeled my friend to the curb the minivan pulled up right to the curb cutout we got in and on our way.

However I would suggest using the desk to call for one if they aren't already parked curbside waiting. Our flight landed at 4pm might be less need for one as it gets later.

Archived