What about Dancing?(Constellation)

liznosnow

I'm just full of questions tonite! I never hear anything about dancing. I know there is a disco, apparently open late at nignt. Are there any other opportunities for dancing, ballroom, country, whatever? Thank you all for all your great info and help.

Liz

My husband and I also love to dance but we're definitely not into disco. We've been very disappointed in the quality of dance music on our Celebrity cruises. Some of the groups have been pretty pitiful. We're booked this November on the Infinity and am hoping for something better. The pianist in Michael's on the last cruise (SummitI think) was tremendous but there's no dance floor in there.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;25;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

There are two dance floors. The Reflections lounge has a largish one with a small band evenings and disco late night. The Rendezvous lounge has a smallish one with a small band or ensemble from dinner onward. Both offer pre-dinner traditional music for dancing. Post-dinner, Reflections tends to offer upbeat music, Rendezvous the more romantic variety.

A third dancing area is on deck. The pool deck hosts a carribean-style band daytimes, with a largish area in front of the stage for more energetic dancing. Depending on the intinerary, the band may play there at night as well.

During a cruise there are also nights with special themes and organized events in one of these venues -- rock, country, Carribean, etc.

Finally, part of the brand transformation hs been the addition of dance lessons, typically of the ballroom variety. On my last cruise the instructors were Argentinean tango performers.

On our last three Celebrity cruises, the dance lessons have been taught by the entertainment staff. Having taken ballroom lessons for serveral years, we found that the lessons that were offered were poor - wrong dance steps taught - improper timing, etc.
We have found that the rendez-vous - even though small - has the best ballroom music. The duo that plays there is usually very good and many announce the type of dance - especially when there are ballroom dancers around.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

The Rendezvous sounds like fun and so do all of the other opportunities you mentioned! Looking forward to a great time. We'll just make the most of what is offered. Besides, we might even do a little slow dancing on our large veranda under the stars!
Thanks for the info.

Liz

Have a great time Liz - I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rwb:
The Rendezvous lounge has a smallish one with a small band or ensemble from dinner onward.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose it varies from ship to ship but I think Rendezvous lounge is where we "tryed" to dance most nights but just didn't find the two guys playing were very good. The lack of music for us to dance to on Celebrity has surprised me as we didn't find this to be true on either Princess or HAL. But those cruises were several years ago so I may be comparing unfairly.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;25;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Since our southern Caribbean cruise in 99, we have found the music in the Rendez-vous to be great for ballroom dancing - even if the floor isn't a good size. We just go early when the duo starts to play early in the evening or late - after the last seating and when the show starts when it isn't as crowded.

Archived