Restaurants in Old San Juan

cruisergal 1

We will be in S.J. next week for 4 days before our cruise. We've already eaten on previous occasions at Barrachina's & La Bombonera. Looking for some good restaurants serving authentic P.R. food at reasonable rates. We're planning to try the Parrot Club one night. Any other suggestions?

I'm also looking for recommendations. My boyfriend is a Chef so he wants to try local food at every stop of our trip. He's not picky at all and wants to try everything! It would be great if I can take him somewhere serving true local cuisine --- off the beaten track, if it's safe, where the locals go!

I remember seeing something on the travel channel not too long ago where the guy was eating pig. Anybody know where that is?

Anyone have "must do" suggestions?

I'm also looking for recommendations. My boyfriend is a Chef so he wants to try local food at every stop of our trip. He's not picky at all and wants to try everything! It would be great if I can take him somewhere serving true local cuisine --- off the beaten track, if it's safe, where the locals go!

I remember seeing something on the travel channel not too long ago where the guy was eating pig. Anybody know where that is?

the pig "lechon" is in Cayey I have seen this show as well and have planned sunday (as show says this is the day to go) as my day and we are going to just go there as we have to get on ship suday as well.

check it out here

http://places.eyetour.com/whereToEat/cayey/24/guavate

The roast pig is called "lechon" and can be enjoyed at the lechoneras in the Guavate region of Cayey. That's where Andrew Zimmern was.

A Google search for "guavate lechoneras" will give you more info.

• 2 years later...

Archived