LHR-Southampton Transfer

jplotts865

We will be sailing on QV 23 November and I am interested in a transfer service from London Heathrow to Southampton the morning we arrive with an overnight at the Harbour Grand Hotel. I've sent an e-mail request to one venue recommended by others here but have forgotten the name of the company - and they have not responded. I'd like to obtain a fare quote - or does anyone know of a fairly reasonable service we can use? At present I'm planning on taking the subway from LHR into London shortly after we land and then a train to Southampton. Thank you in advance.

We will be sailing on QV 23 November and I am interested in a transfer service from London Heathrow to Southampton the morning we arrive with an overnight at the Harbour Grand Hotel. I've sent an e-mail request to one venue recommended by others here but have forgotten the name of the company - and they have not responded. I'd like to obtain a fare quote - or does anyone know of a fairly reasonable service we can use? At present I'm planning on taking the subway from LHR into London shortly after we land and then a train to Southampton. Thank you in advance.

Realistically if you can manage your baggage your tube/train plan could work well, but you will need to change trains at least once on the tube and be able to negotiate escalators and crowds.

If you are comfortable on coaches/buses then the National Coach service from LHR to Southampton would work, they are fairly regular throughout the day and the journey time would be 90 - 120 minutes.

My first suggestion would be the Rail-link bus from LHR to Woking Railway station and then a 40 minute train ride to Southampton, again luggage is a consideration.

My choice would be to contact www.smithsforairports.co.uk and have them meet you at LHR and take you to Southampton in comfort for around $100. Life's too short for London tube trains in my experience.

Thank you for this information - I will look into both possibilities. I had sent an e-mail to smithsforairports but did not receive a response. I will send another one and look at National Express as well. I will be traveling with an elderly aunt (not that I'm much younger) and will be the "porter" as far as our luggage is concerned. I'm pretty good at using trains and subways in Europe but the idea of having to deal with the baggage and possibly assist her as well as "figure out" the train/tube is getting to be a question I need to resolve. I'd love to be able to get off the plane and more or less into a van and then just go directly to Southampton. We are arriving a day ahead so have time - but will not be staying over in London. I do appreciate the information. Also...we are going on a Canary Islands cruise...I'd be interested in your comments on that as well - looking at shore excursions and rather perplexed. E-mail me directly if you wish at josephplotts@comcast.net - would enjoy hearing from you. Thanks again!

Archived