Helping engaged couple find a great cruise for honeymoon

My wife and I did Southern Carribean last year on AOS in June (the Barbados trip). It was a great honeymoon, but it was made more special because I was able to work things out so we had a week in Aruba before going to San Juan for the ship.

If you really do all the angles it is not appreciably more expensive to fly (most airlines will allow one stopover on a round trip itinerary for little extra charge) to two places. We also used a time share trade for the Aruba lodging, so that was inexpensive. I also used frequent flyer miles to book all the air, but I realize the ff miles and time share are probably not an option for your friends. In either case, tell them to really look and punch in different itineraries and they may get more vacation for their dollar.

Greg

Dentalchic. I went through the same thing with my Son.. looking for a honeymoon.

First thing is to start with the wedding day. If it's a Saturday, that means they will be limited to Sunday or Monday sailings. Also how much time they can take off. Hawaii is super and a dream cruise, but may be beyond their budget when you include air.San Juan may be pricy on air.

I would recommend Bermuda for May. Celebrity and RCCL sail out of New York. This may help with cutting down airfare. If they are getting married early May, then the carribean would be a better choice.

My son and his fiance are in their early 20's and never have been on a cruise. I ended up giving them one for a gift. They are sailing the Soverign of the Seas for a 4 night cruise. They are getting married Dec. 18th which is a Saturday night. His finace want's to be back on Xmas eve so it works out perfectly.. Fly down Sunday and spend a night at Cocoa Beach, board on Monday, off on Friday and fly back. Cruise price $1K (mid ship outside catg. F), air $480 for 2 (flight out of neigboring city to save $$).

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

Thanks Maureen...ya know I didn't even think about Bermuda...there are a few ships that leave from the Northeast...and I know from looking for myself...the prices aren't too bad in May.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I was going to recommend Bermuda. I know Carnival Legend does Bermuda in May 04 out of NYC. Bermuda is a honeymooners dream.

If they are young a 4-5 day cruise may be just the thing. For our honeymoon we did a 4 day with a MOnday departure as we got married on a Sunday. We then stayed in Miami for a few days after the cruise. It was wonderful! 13 years ago now...

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise
Sensation 2/17/03

Dentalchic,
If time off and dollars become the issues, there is the Enchantment with its 4 or 5 day cruises, which can be combined with a side trip to the Florida Keys. Just one more option. Of course, I am partial tto the Enchantment - I got married on it on my first cruise.

majorcruiser

Splendour of the Seas 11/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/04
Legend of the Seas 3/03
Explorer of the Seas 1/02
Enchantment of the Seas 4/01
Enchantment of the Seas 4/98

I looked into Bermuda last night...and honestly there isn't much for the end of May...I would recommend RCCL or Celebrity to honeymooners...I haven't been on Celebrity...but have heard such wonderful things. Carnival has a couple ships going down...but I couldn't, in good faith, recommend Carnival to honeymooners on their first cruise. This is just my opinion...there is no comparing RCCL and Carnival. If Carnival had a great price...with the right itinerary...I'd book it for my family. But because I'm trying to guide these guys in the right direction...I know they can't go wrong on RCCL...or Celebrity.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I love Celebrity but if they are young I don't necessarily know if that is the best choice.

I think you need to ask the couple their likes/dislikes. If they love to "party" then Carnival/RCI are great choices. I wouldn't choose an older ship on either line(learned that recently). However that is me. That is why there are so many options out there.
If it was dh and I only(leaving kids home) at out current age I would look at Princess and Celebrity.We are in our late 30's with kids, dogs that whole thing.However when we were in our early 20's our interests were different and Carnival/RCI would have been great choices.They are also great choices for families with kids.When I look at our cruises where we are going as family(kids are 5 and 11) then I look at RCI and Carnival only. Voyager does the 5 day thing out of NYC now.Maybe that is something they would be interested in. Coworkers of my dh's have done the Dawn and absolutely loved it. Port Canaveral and Miami are stops. Those might be great choices for a younger couple.

You may want to start by getting some info from them and then go from there.Let us know how it goes.

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise
Sensation 2/17/03

Archived