Halloween/October Cruises

stargate fan

I recently read a thread, but can't remember which one, about people dressing up for Halloween on October cruises. Is the ship going to be decorated?

I am not a Halloween person. I don't like dressing up in costumes. Am I going to be in the minority on my cruise?

Just trying to prepare myself.

Thanks.

We were on the Conquest last year for Halloween and it seemed like the majority of the ship was in a costume and the costumes were amazing.

They had a lot of decorations out and had a major Halloween party and contests that night.

We are going to try to go on another cruise this Halloween.

Here are some pictures from last year:

I think this couple got second place

PA310109.jpg

This picture is of the Cruise Director

PA310084.jpg

We were on the Glory in October of 2006 (not actually on Halloween) and there was a costume contest, but very few people participated.

We were on the Pride in October of 2007 (also not actually on Halloween) and they didn't do anything for Halloween.

Both cruises were at the beginning of the month. I'm not sure why one ship had a contest and the other didn't. It's probably all up to the CD.

I recall seeing somewhere the cruises beginning in the middle of October would have some type of Halloween event, but I don't remember where I read that.

I am going on the Holiday-10/29

It's a HALLOWEEN CRUISE.....

I don't plan to dress up.......

I have some cute Halloween t-shirts...

I'll wear one of those with black

pants or shorts............

You could dress in Halloween colors

orange,black,purple.......

Have a great Cruise.............

If your cruise isnt over Halloween, I wouldnt think very many if any will be dressed up. I went Halloween and many didnt have costumes even then. Up to you.

Our first 7 day cruise was in October. We did not know that there would be a dress up night. We felt out of place. However, there were quite a few NOT dressed up.

So our next halloween cruise, we went prepared, and had a blast.

I would say abou 1/2 - 3/4 of the passengers dress up.

Yes, they decorate the ship for that one night only, then take the decorations down.

I recently read a thread, but can't remember which one, about people dressing up for Halloween on October cruises. Is the ship going to be decorated?

I am not a Halloween person. I don't like dressing up in costumes. Am I going to be in the minority on my cruise?

Thanks.

OH, I'm SO Jealous! We were on the Conquest last October over Halloween and it was WONDERFUL. My DH and I did NOT even consider dressing up, we did not feel out of place at ALL. There are a lot of flamboyant people who dress up and it is fun and fantastic to see, but not overwhelming. The adults who dress up are usually in specific areas in clusters, but the ship runs very normally on Halloween. They do decorate and it is really cool. We DID bring our kids and costumes for them... and I'm so glad we did. Though there weren't many kids on board, those that were got to do a scavenger hunt with parents around the ship and we all enjoyed that. (though my kids wished there was more candy :). It was a really great cruise and it's a great time to sail. Prices are better, there aren't a lot of kids (school is in session) and the decor is a fun change. I would love to cruise over Christmas, now, actually. Enjoy yourself... it is a great time!!!

Since it looks like your sailing on Oct 19th so it won't be a Halloween sailing but they will probably have one night set aside for Halloween.

The last 3 yrs we have sailed the 3rd week of Oct. and there has been a party where they have several blow up decorations and a costume party.. I didn't think that there were many people that dressed up and the next morning everything was back to normal with no signs of Halloween. The dining room also serves 2 Halloweend themed desserts that were very good.

I had a notice last year that the party would be added to all sailings after the 10th or 12th. Can't really remember the exact date...

You won't feel out of place and it is fun to people watch :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks.

Hi,

We sailed over Halloween on the Grandeur of the Seas 2 years in a row. The ship was decorated & many of the cruisers were in costumes. There was a Halloween parade & prizes were given out. Not to feel out of place we wore Halloween T shirts. It was easy to pack & we didn't feel out of place.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

I went on the Imagination last year with a singles group

over 130 of us...so much fun

the ship was "decorated"...some neat photo ops

Halloween night we had clever "ghoulish" desserts

ship had a costume party....and the kids were out "trick or treating"

to various areas with the kids club I think

we had our own costume party...the winner was a conservative middle aged guy...leaning on the bar with his drink....white button down shirt, burgandy tie, navy blazer, grey slacks...

everyone (all dressed up) would come up and ask him>> "why didn't you wear a costume?" ...and he would turn around....ohhhh...his outfit was custom reworked with ties to hold it on...except for his boxer shorts and socks, he was all naked in the back LOL

he would tell everyone..."I just got divorced ..and she took half of everything" LOL

he won "our" contest and won a prize in the general adult costume contest in the Carnival showroom

it was a lot of fun and I am going on again this year

Sailing on 10/10 on the Truimph on a 7 day cruise -- what are the chances of us having some type of Halloween activities during our sailing? I believe Jorge will be the CD.

MARAPRINCE

Anyone have an answer? Would like to know before we sail and not find out once we are on board. Not planning an elaborate costume, just want to get into the spirit of things.:)

MARAPRINCE

Archived