Just off Infinity

mick70

Just returned fron Aug 21 cruise on the Infinity. A short review for now. The weather,, Some rain in Ketchikan, alot of rain in Juneau, The Hubbard Glacier was just perfect the Captain got the ship within 3/10 of a mile from the Glacier. Victoria B.C. was sunny and nice. Embarckation and Disembarkation seem to go very well, how ever our departue was delayed by two hours because of a late flight, but no big deal..IMO the new menues where just great, I liked the option with the idea of having some menu items avaible ever night. All in all it was a great cruise.

Will write up a better review later. :)

**and laughing at Melody, two posts above** :) I also zoomed to this thread when I saw someone who had just gotten off the Infinity. (Melody and I are both boarding her four weeks from today.)

Glad -- no, VERY glad to hear the new menues are in place.

Can't WAIT! :D

**and laughing at Melody, two posts above** :) I also zoomed to this thread when I saw someone who had just gotten off the Infinity. (Melody and I are both boarding her four weeks from today.)

Hi,

We were on the 8/14 to 8/21 Infinity sailing and we were the first sailing on the ship serving the menu. For first few days, food service was SLOW as they had issues that needed to iron out in the kitchen.

If interested, I uploaded the food pictures from our cruise with pics from the food on the new menu.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574262235wsRMGp

I have just finished uploading the rest of the 1800-2000 pictures from our cruise to the online photo album. Just need to do some editing and I will post the link to that before the weekend is done.

Will be happy to answer any questions.

Hi Tom!

You're LAUGHING at me??!! LOL Its OK, not the first time, won't be the last! The pics of the food looks great!! My mouth is watering and I just ate!

Thanks for the info on the Infinity, can"t wait!!!:D

Melody

dzcruisers and melody... it's getting bad -- I have trouble concentrating on work, or ANYthing other than our upcoming cruise.

I hauled out the tuxedo and it fits... found some other "cruisewear" in the back closet too. But, Dang, it's still just too darned soon to pack! :rolleyes:

It will be great to meet new friends. Really looking forward to the cruise and hoping those pesky hurricanes get out of our way! :)

We were on board with Mick (hi, Mick) and had a great time. Alaska is awesome - even in the rain.

The new menus are fantastic, but the execution still needs work IMO. One night I ordered the Oysters Rockefeller and got raw oysters with melted cheese. Another night the "Half Tandoor Chicken" turned out to be one chicken leg on rice. Huh? On the other hand, the daily available escargot was great as was the creme brulee. This was just the second week for the new menus, so I suspect it will take some time for the cooks to totally master the new items.

Sheila

Archived