Captain's Club Members - Check/Confirm Your Status!!

CelebrityMan

Fellow Celebrity-ites,

If you have received new Captain's Club cards anytime in the past several months, call the Captain's Club desk and verify your status.

I called in this morning after reading on a similar post that a call was required by Jan. 15th. Celebrity is updating their computer systems and files and information could be missing, or incorrect. Apparently, after the Jan. 15th deadline, documentation will be required, whereas verbal verification is fine until then.

Our file needed updating: they were missing our 2002 Honolulu to Vancouver sailing aboard Summit!!

Just trying to give a heads-up to as many members as possible. Evidently, cards being sent out recently have a letter enclosed asking for the phone call. But our new cards came this summer, and there was no indication therein that a call or verification was necessary. If I hadn't read elsewhere on these boards about it, I wouldn't have known, and we'd have been missing a sailing credit. Thanks to "jezzdogg" for that, and I hope this new thread catches even more.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2005 filled with cruises!

CM

I've only one cruise with Celebrity, however I am a member of the CC. I do not have a card - only a memebership number. What do I do about getting a card? BTW- I am a Platinum member of RCCL.

Correction - Going through some cruise things and I found the cards. They have a photo of the ship on them and have a blue stripe that says "Classic" members. Since I only have one cruise (with another coming up), do I need to call?

What should I do about my children? I have two that sailed on Celebrity that are over 18 (20 and 23) and one child that is 17. Can I get cards for them?

Hi Sea Island,

By your description, you have the new cards. You would only be concerned if you had multiple sailings. It seems that is the problem cropping up, the "updated" computer system hasn't kept everyone's full list of cruises taken. You shouldn't need to call.

Yes, I would think you could get cards for your adult children. That might merit a call, but there's no hurry on that one unless they're going to be scheduling a Celebrity cruise soon. ;)

CM

Sea Island Lady,

I would call Celebrity and make sure you have been upgraded to Select status from Classic. If you are Platinum on RCCL they will make you Select.

I just checked mine as I am Platinum on RCCL but have only had 1 cruise on Celebrity and I am sailing Jan 15th. for my 2nd. They are still going to keep the 2 systems separate as far as sailings, so I will not become Diamond on RCCL after this next Celebrity cruise.

Archived