Site book on Mt. Etna and Taormina?

mikeerdas

Can anyone suggest a good "site book" for Mt. Etna and Taormina? Nothing too academic or long. I've found when I get to a place, there are fun and instructive volumes that I wish I'd purchased before getting there--so I'd be able to read them in advance and better enjoy the place in question.

I've gotten some great help on "site books" for eastern med ports in the following thread (to anyone interested, Ephesus [Kusadasi], Knossos [Heraklion, Crete], etc):

Purchasing "on site" archaeological books in advance:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1013181

Looks for similar recommendations for Mt. Etna and Taormina.

Thanks!

Mike

Can anyone suggest a good "site book" for Mt. Etna and Taormina? Nothing too academic or long. I've found when I get to a place, there are fun and instructive volumes that I wish I'd purchased before getting there--so I'd be able to read them in advance and better enjoy the place in question.

I've gotten some great help on "site books" for eastern med ports in the following thread (to anyone interested, Ephesus [Kusadasi], Knossos [Heraklion, Crete], etc):

Purchasing "on site" archaeological books in advance:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1013181

Looks for similar recommendations for Mt. Etna and Taormina.

Thanks!

Mike

Try Alibris and Amazon. I found a used site book for Ephesus last year. We have also used the Rough Guide for Sicily and the Blue Guide. The Blue Guide leans toward history and detailed descriptions rather than the where, what and how to get there of the Rough Guide.

Archived