Cayman revealed

Theresasaltshaker

:) While on shore of the recovering Cayman island this past Dec.8th; my sister and I were blessed with finding room in Geddes Hislop's van. I say this because both of us did not want a regular tourist event...We wanted to feel the island as it is. I was pleased to have a knowledgeable person instruct us of the grit, and soul of the island. Not only is Geddus the only local terrestrial widllife biologist, he is the an avid promotor of ecotourism on the island. I applaud his tenaciousness and concern for the locals and their environmental wonder they are entrusted with.

;) With two other couples we went inland away from the crowds and tourist traps...We saw the ravaged areas of the island; mostly where the mangroves had been removed from the shoreline; the beautiful sorrel in full bloom and a native and formal Christmas yard . We also we able to see a returning Osprey that gave Geddes and us a thrill, knowing that the returning bird gives hope to the restoration of this fragile island. Geddes answered all the questions we had and was a delight and very informative of all aspects of the island's political and native life.

I don't know about the rest of you but an afternoon with Geddes and the other concerned individuals was one of the best times during my Voyage of the Seas cruise. These types of educational excurisions are not to be dismissed. Afterall, how long will they be with us? The very next week the Cayman island experienced an earthquake of 6.8.

Maybe we should stop taking this life for granted..:rolleyes:

Sincerely,:cool:

Theresa

Archived