7 Day So. Caribbien from San Juan

BcIcemen

Hi Hei1980! What is th ES rate:)???Sorry

It is an Early Savers rate; you must book so many months out to get this special rate of about $200.00 less than the regular rate. Then right up to a few days before sailing if the rate goes down you will get an OBC. We will never do it again if sailing out of San Juan. We have family there and they tell us the locals pick up some impressive rates from Carnival just to fill the ship. Not unlike the people in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Once again its, location, location, location.

Also, have noticed some of the Internet Travel Agents have this same, great rate for our sailing. But we are locked into the Early Savers rate otherwise we must forfeit $$. Bummer.

Just took this cruise on July 26. LOVED the itinerary. Would do it again in a second. This was my favorite cruise because of the islands - we loved them all. We did not love the Victory though. But it didn't matter. We kept ourselves busy off the ship during the day and made our own fun at night. ;) :p

Best Island/Tour - Domenica - Bumpiing Tours (we had Gary) Get out there and experience Domenica. You won't be sorry. I have to get back to Domenica before I die.

Best Beach - Jolly Beach, Antigua (Accra, Barbados was runner-up). Heaven on earth.

The only Carnival excursion we took was the Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea in St. Kitts. Expensive, but totally worth it. The catamaran was clean, the crew was fantastic and the food and rum punch was delicious. I highly recommend!! Oh, the snorkeling was great too!

Must do - see the Pitons and Jealousie Beach in St. Lucia. Awesome! We used Spencer Ambrose.

Best beer - Kabuli @ Domenica

Dominica may be our favorite island. It could not be more different than St. Thomas. It is what the entire Caribbean must have been like before tourists started to show up. An eco-tour there is an absolute highlight. :D

We did this cruise last year with 4 other couples. It was awsome but we were worn out when we made it back to San Juan. My husband and I bought some snorkle gear before this cruise and used it at almost every stop. We did notice that we spent more on tours(we did private tours @ every stop) but less on drinks/stuff on board. We never wanted to party hard(drink) b/c we had to be up early everymorning.

Great to see all the positive feedback. We're booked for Jan. We picked this particular cruise BECAUSE of the lack of sea days and the 6 ports. But we're not going to pre-book excursions except for Dominica and maybe the cat cruise in St. Lucia (to avoid more windy roads). The beach days in the other ports should make it much more relaxing than rushing around every island every day. Maybe don't pre-book all your ports with excursions so you can decide last minute if you want to just relax on a beach, or shop, or stay on the ship if you really want to (Although personally, I couldn't imagine missing any of these ports) :)

Archived