Ship size question

Lynnn

We are looking at traveling on the Miracle in February 2010. I've always been on the larger ships -Destiny Class & Splendor. Will I notice more rocking on this size ship? Also, we are normally on deck 6, do I want to be higher or lower? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Smaller ships have more movement than larger ones. Upper decks you feel the movement more.

I prefer to feel the movement myself. This is the 21st Century, and there's no reason, with all the ginger pills, medications, patches, etc. that anyone has to get motion sick.

Just off the Pride a week ago and after having done larger ships (Victory and larger on Princess), I'd say the Spirit class handle the seas very well. I was impressed and we were moving along faster than most cruise ships tend to go. Of course, weather and sea conditions will mean the most to whether your ship moves around on a particular sailing.

We are looking at traveling on the Miracle in February 2010. I've always been on the larger ships -Destiny Class & Splendor. Will I notice more rocking on this size ship? Also, we are normally on deck 6, do I want to be higher or lower? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

We have sailed the ones you have - and the Spirit and Conquest class. By far the Spirit class is our favorite. We really prefer the layout of the Spirit class and have not noticed significant difference in motion in any of them.

You can see the ships I've done in my sig. The two Spirit class have been both the most movement (the Miracle) and the least (Legend). Both were the Western Itin at different times of year. If anything, I noticed a constant chugging motion on the Triumph and Victory that I didn't feel on the Legend or Miracle. I have been deck 8 forward balcony on all but the Triumph, which was midship deck 7. I really don't think you'll notice a difference if all other factors are equal (waves and wind etc)

Archived