Rum Point Beach – October 6, 2009

lovecruzing

We will be on the Carnival Valor making a stop in Cayman on October 6, 2009.

Just thought I would put this out there to see if anyone is interested in doing Rum Point for the day. We have been to Cayman about 4 times and always wanted to go to Rum Point but did not want to rent a car and do the drive. I had booked an excursion through Nativeway that included the Reefs, Ray and Rum Point which I am about to cancel as the sole reason was just to get to Rum Point as I did the stingrays before.

So, I have contacted a company (through a friend) to see what I can arrange. He can do a tour with us for $30.00 US a person, stopping along the way to a few sites and we can have him for the day, spending most of our time at Rum Point. So, if anyone is interested, please post here and I will contact you directly.

I am really hoping that there are others who wants to do this.

Bevie

candice73, his company is called Pilot Taxi and I got his contact info from my friend. Actually, on our first cruise back in 2002 we travelled with my same friend and her husband who knew him and he took us around the island (he only had a small bus at the time) but now he has two 28 seats buses.

I called him this past weekend and spoke to him about what I would like to do that is really going to Rum Point but there is only 12 in my family that will be on the trip and his bus holds 28 so that's why I am posting to see if anyone else would be interested in joining us.

I am not sure how many will be with you in January but if you are still interested, I can give you his contact info.

Bevie

Rum Point is great. very pretty and private. we chartered a private sailboat which was fantastic and we got to sail it with guidance. he took us to Rum Point to explore. very different from the Sea Grape at 7 mile!

Archived