4 night Imagination questions

FlLadybug

Does the 4 night Imagination sell the DOD card?

In Cozumel, do you have to take a taxi from the port to the main shopping area? or can you walk?

Are there excursions in Key West?

Do any of you know of a website I can get a printable map of the shopping area?

The new port where Carnival usually comes in is very small and new, not much there. There is one expensive internet cafe, yea, a big restaurante, some expensive jewelry stores ....its about 3 miles to town if you want to walk.

Iv seen a couple Carnival ships come into the RCL dock, which is on the other side of town, also about 3 miles out, but there are more deals there as far as shopping, its a older more developed area.

Im sad Carnival isnt going downtown any more.

Key West, just google it and get ideas. There is a train and a trolley, one is hop on hop off and the other is more like a tour. You can buy tickets online ahead of time. Hemingways house is a favorite, with the 6 toed cats. You can walk to the southernmost rock (it says that on the rock, southern most U.S. point or something like that). there is a butterfly museum, infinite bars, key lime pie is their big thing, the Blond giraffe has lime lie chocolate covered on a stick, you might check that place out.

the rock is about 3 miles away which doesnt sound far except it was in the 90s when we were there, hot hot hot. even a place to get hot sauce there, one named after me, with free samples... what do you like to do?

Key West, just google it and get ideas. There is a train and a trolley, one is hop on hop off and the other is more like a tour. You can buy tickets online ahead of time. Hemingways house is a favorite, with the 6 toed cats. You can walk to the southernmost rock (it says that on the rock, southern most U.S. point or something like that). there is a butterfly museum, infinite bars, key lime pie is their big thing, the Blond giraffe has lime lie chocolate covered on a stick, you might check that place out.

the rock is about 3 miles away which doesnt sound far except it was in the 90s when we were there, hot hot hot. even a place to get hot sauce there, one named after me, with free samples... what do you like to do?

Well, I wanted to know if the cruise ship has excursions because I like to snorkel and would love to try kayaking. I also want to shop some, especially the Coach store.

I did a search on the carnival site for kayaking

Cozumel

ATV & Beach Adventure

Hop on your ATV for an adventure ride to a secluded beach.

Full Details

Duration Notes Level Price

4.50 hours $99.95 per person

Clear Kayak & Snorkel Adventure

Experience the Caribbean Sea like never before - gliding over the coral reef in your very own clear kayak!

Full Details

3.50 hours $79.95 per person

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel than aboard a 65-ft Ocean catamaran.

Full Details

3.50 hours $59.95 per person

Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

Enjoy a fun-filled worry free day at one of Cozumel's beach club.

Full Details

5.00 hours $69.95 per person

Ultimate Adventure

Enjoy a fun beach day filled with sea adventures along the beautiful coast of Cozumel.

Full Details

5.00 hours $79.95 per person

I got two hits on Key West for Carnival excursions

Explore the amazing ecosystem of Key West from the seat of a kayak.

Full Details

2.50 hours $58.95 per person

The Big 3

Experience three of the most popular activities in the Florida Keys, rolled into one amazing excursion.

Full Details

4.00 hours $97.95 per person

If you want more detail of any of the above, I can click on "more details" and pull them up ... like this one in Cozumel

Clear Kayak & Snorkel Adventure

Experience the Caribbean Sea like never before - gliding over the coral reef in your very own clear kayak!

On this fascinating excursion you will:

Depart from the pier area and make your way to Uvas Beach, participate in a short safety briefing and then begin your incredible journey to the coral reef area.

Have a great view of the beautiful tropical landscape as you paddle your 2 person kayak away from shore and out into the crystal clear Caribbean.

Paddle as you peek in panoramic view at brilliant tropical fish swimming right beneath your transparent kayak as you follow your guide through the most beautiful parts of the reef.

Next put on your mask and fins and head under water, your guide will lead you back to the reefs for a closer look at Cozumel's marine life in an inspiring snorkel excursion and for a wonderful opportunity to take underwater pictures.

Return to the beautiful beach facilities to soak up the sun, swim in the pool or relax in the shade of an umbrella.

Enjoy a complimentary drink and fruit plate or for that bigger appetite you can order (at your expense) from the restaurant.

Notes: Minimum age is 6 years to participate in kayaking. Minimum age is 8 years to participate in snorkeling. Children under 12 years share a kayak with an adult.

Weight limit of double kayak cannot exceed 425 lbs.

Don't forget to bring your bathing suit, towel, comfortable shoes, sunglasses and biodegradable sunblock. Only biodegradable sunscreen is allowed to be used by guests who wish to snorkel due to reef damage caused by normal sunscreen.

Pregnant women and guests with heart or respiratory conditions or back/neck injuries are not permitted on this excursion.

For safety reasons, snorkeling portion is prohibited for guests with asthma, cardiac conditions, diabetes, epilepsy and those under certain medications; please consult with your Shore Excursion Manager once onboard for complete details.

3.5 Hours

* PreSales pricing may vary depending on the departure time

Does the 4 night Imagination sell the DOD card?

In Cozumel, do you have to take a taxi from the port to the main shopping area? or can you walk?

Are there excursions in Key West?

Do any of you know of a website I can get a printable map of the shopping area?

In Cozumel, if your ship docks at Puerta Maya, you will have to take a taxi to the main shopping area downtown. It is not far, though, only a few miles. If, for whatever reason, you are lucky enough to dock at Punta Langosta (not saying that this will happen), then you will be able to walk off the ship, down a relatively long wharf to the main shopping area, Fat Tuesday's, Carlos & Charlies, etc. The last time I was in Cozumel was in Dec. 2007 and we were on the Victory and we docked at Punta Langosta. Check out this website: cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

I was on the imagination in July and it was my first cruise. Key west is beautiful but we weren't docked long enough to do very much. If you book one of the excursions you should be ok. We took the shuttle and did a bit of sight seeing and shopping. Temperatures were crazy so we weren't out too long. Some did the pub crawl and had a blast.

In Cozumel we (4) took a cab to a private beach Nachi Cocom and had the most incredible time. 49$ all inclusive, waiter, food, all you can drink and the most incredible beach I have ever seen. It can't be booked with Carnival but you can book online and reserve your place. They take 100 people max.... We then finished up at Carlos & Charlies then they closed and we crossed to Senor Frogs. Then it was back to port to get on the ship.

Just google it. First one that pops up!

Enjoy it, I loved my experience so much I booked my second cruise today!

It's not a rock! :D

2567066950102836559S600x600Q85.jpg

In Cozumel, if your ship docks at Puerta Maya, you will have to take a taxi to the main shopping area downtown. It is not far, though, only a few miles. If, for whatever reason, you are lucky enough to dock at Punta Langosta (not saying that this will happen), then you will be able to walk off the ship, down a relatively long wharf to the main shopping area, Fat Tuesday's, Carlos & Charlies, etc. The last time I was in Cozumel was in Dec. 2007 and we were on the Victory and we docked at Punta Langosta. Check out this website: cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

Were you on the 4 night?? IF so, did they have the drink of day card on it?? Thanks.

I was on this cruise last week. I am pretty sure I saw someone use a DOD card, but I didn't check on it myself. The ship docks at Pier B in Key West which is pretty much next to Mallory Square and a couple blocks from Duval St. KW is a very walkable town. Even though the ship gets there really early there are still stores open around the pier area. As for snorkeling excursions there is a Fury catamaran snorkeling trip that you can book for the morning through the cruise line. There are also a lot of vendors right when you walk off the boat.

You will dock in Puerta Maya in Cozumel (they had bumped the Holiday to the other pier and we were docked next to the Legend). There is a good chance the ship will arrive in Coz a little before the scheduled 1:00 time. We docked at 12:15. keep in mind they are also one hour behind in Cozumel. Puerta maya is a bit more built up since I was there last November (a hurricane really messed it up). There were more shops open, etc. You can just walk out front and grab a cab to the downtown area. It shouldn't be too much, maybe $8 (per cab not per person).

Any other questions?

My DH and I have done that itinerary many many times, yes if you are in Key West from 9am-2pm that is a awful time!!! nothing ,and I mean nothing is open but it is a great time to explore without street crowds and be the first ones to the COACH store when it opens LOL, great deals there for sure!!!

Now you do NOT have to book from the ship for your excursions, look at the port of call threads tons and tons of info on all kinds of excursions, if you take the very first morning tour on Sebago ( we like that company alot, and have used them manytimes) number 1 it will NOT be crowed at all and you will get alot of one on one attention since it will be a small group, you will get back in plentyof tiime to grab a bite or key lime pie on a stick or stop in quickly to Irish Kevins, awesome bar, alot of fun!!!! then head back to the ship!!! Again just go to the port of call threads for Key West!!

Cozumel , I agree with the previous poster , going to nachi cochum or Mr Sanchos (if you want more activity) is awesome then on the way back go to Carlos and Charlies for some good food and fun funfun then head back to the ship , shop a little and you have a nice full day at Cozumel, if you just go to the shopping area you haven't seen Cozumel at all just the tourist trap areas......yuk.......go to Mr Sanchos (free entrance and pay for drinks, food, activities , they do a have a day rate also) or nachi cochum for a more private all inclusive experience they both close at sunset, plenty of time to ride into the shopping area and have plenty of time time to get back to the ship.

enjoy I love that itinerary!!!! who am I kidding I pretty much love any itenerary LOL ;)

Archived