My plan for Bali. Feedback please

lindyloo17

Hello ...new to far east and with a newbie cruiser too. So keen to get our first stop in BALI all planned😀

We have hired a driver from recommendactions from here, and his replies so far are very professional and quick. So feeling good about that.

We would like to see the following

Goa Gajah elephant caves

Tegalalong rice terrace

Maybe Temple Besakih and Monkey forest if we have time ?

Then Karsa spa 😍

For a three hour treat !!!

How long do we need in each of the above and from experience is it doable? Any feedback welcome

Hello ...new to far east ...

Goa Gajah elephant caves

Tegalalong rice terrace

Then Karsa spa 😍

How long do we need in each of the above and from experience is it doable? Any feedback welcome

Hello Lindyloo17,

There is a LOT of traffic and your time will be precious... so I will advice you to skip "Karsa Spa". You really have no time for that. Instead, really experience Bali and Ubud. You might never go back there. You don't want to be stressed out and always looking at your watch as you booked a treatment at a spa. You can always go to any spa in the world.., Just my humble opinion...

The Canadians!:cool:

Thank you for your input.

We have made contact with the driver you recommended.

We are going to do the elephant cave first ...then the rice terraces then the spa 1 -3 for a massage. As my friend really wants to go there and it's sooo much cheaper than the ship.

I'm hoping we can chat to the driver as we drive and learn bits and pieces as we go along too.

Wish the itinerary gave us longer here as there is so much to do and see.

Any other advice on timings or what to pack or expect. Please share. I'm finding it quite a challenge understanding distances and what to expect etc plus local currency etc

Thank you for your input.

We have made contact with the driver you recommended.

We are going to do the elephant cave first ...then the rice terraces then the spa 1 -3 for a massage. As my friend really wants to go there and it's sooo much cheaper than the ship.

I'm hoping we can chat to the driver as we drive and learn bits and pieces as we go along too.

Wish the itinerary gave us longer here as there is so much to do and see.

Any other advice on timings or what to pack or expect. Please share. I'm finding it quite a challenge understanding distances and what to expect etc plus local currency etc

Your driver, Dewa, will give you tons of info... Not to worry.

My best advice for you is not to sweat it. Cruising is soooooo easy. Most of your independent tour will not mind to be pay in USD (I know you are from UK...). We always bring a lot of $1US bill for tips. Bring brand new dollars... if you buy too much USD, you can always keep it for your next trip. I don't know your itinerary but withdrawing $$ in Bali/Ubud is super easy and no fee from Indonesian banks (Thailand= minimum fee of 200 baht). Just write down the conversion for all countries you will visit on a piece of paper and carry it in your wallet so you can quickly find out how much something costs in your currency.

Don't bring too much clothes but a lot of light clothes as it is very hot in Asia (except Hong Kong).

What is your email address so I can contact you directly if you wish more info...

The Canadians!:cool:

PS. In 2015, we did a pre-cruise (Asia) on our own (2 weeks), 28-night cruise then a post cruise (4 weeks where my DH almost died in Bali...). 2017: We just came back from 4 nights in Hong Kong, 28-night cruise and post cruise: 1 week in Koh Samui and 8-nights in Chiang Mai

• 1 month later...
Hello ...new to far east and with a newbie cruiser too. So keen to get our first stop in BALI all planned😀

We have hired a driver from recommendactions from here, and his replies so far are very professional and quick. So feeling good about that.

Goa Gajah elephant caves

Tegalalong rice terrace

Then Karsa spa 😍

I used Wayan rio from Port of Benoa. Good command in English, polite and came on time.

His site is http://benoadriver.webs.com

Cheers