Promotions for Black Friday and December

MaryLS

Does anyone have any idea if there will be any special deals or promotions on Black Friday?

Also, does anyone know what the December promotions will be?

Thanks.

Haven't heard of a Black Friday deal yet, but some of the larger agencies will probably be having some kind of special offer.

December promotion is the same as November. It's the "choose from 4 offers" promotion - UBP, UDP, Wifi, or Shore Excursion. The promotion is running through Dec 31 and is valid for cruises booked 30 days in advance.

Haven't heard of a Black Friday deal yet, but some of the larger agencies will probably be having some kind of special offer.

December promotion is the same as November. It's the "choose from 4 offers" promotion - UBP, UDP, Wifi, or Shore Excursion. The promotion is running through Dec 31 and is valid for cruises booked 30 days in advance.

In Europe the current promotion ends 30th November. I would expect the same offer to be extended but may have the "30 days in advance" condition that has been added in the US but note here yet. They withdrew the shore excursions option for us some time ago. Our promotions still include the 18% gratuities where relevant and I can't see this changing.

According to my research earlier today, last year's Black Friday deal gave "up to" $250 OBC for new bookings made from Black Friday through to the following Tuesday (2nd December last year so presumably will be until 1st December this year).

Looks like the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale for NCL US starts today and it is Pick Two for cruises booked at least 30 days in advance. For GA and Escape, which have already been getting two choices since the beginning of November, the new offer is that sailings less than 30 days away are now included for those two ships.

Pick Two Booking Window: 11/24/2015 - 11/30/2015 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3 - 16 day sailings booked greater than 30 days prior to sailing*

*Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the offer. Norwegian Sky sailings departing on or after 1/1/2016 are not eligible for the offer.

*Not valid 30 days or less from sailing, except Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, which can be booked within 30 days.

i just saw on our Breakaway 3/6/16 TR NYC cruise that they are offering the pick two instead of one...I call my TA...i ask to add the additional promo and she said i have to rebook under the new prices which all in for the 3 of us in a midship mini was $1700 ADDITIONAL...yes you read that right...so we orig booked with a UBP so adding the additional dining pkg would be crazy...

i just saw on our Breakaway 3/6/16 TR NYC cruise that they are offering the pick two instead of one...I call my TA...i ask to add the additional promo and she said i have to rebook under the new prices which all in for the 3 of us in a midship mini was $1700 ADDITIONAL...yes you read that right...so we orig booked with a UBP so adding the additional dining pkg would be crazy...

I am not going to bother looking, then. I am on the same cruise you are. When we booked it last January, we got free gratuities and we are in an aft balcony. I am not willing to give that up for any of the other perks, especially since the price of the cruise has jumped up so much. None of them appeal to me and can't be combined with my AARP discount, which my free gratuities WAS when we booked.

Looks like the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale for NCL US starts today and it is Pick Two for cruises booked at least 30 days in advance. For GA and Escape, which have already been getting two choices since the beginning of November, the new offer is that sailings less than 30 days away are now included for those two ships.

NCL sent me an email stating they were having a promotion that included two perks. I am sailing to South America in February and already had the unlimited alcohol package. I wanted to add the 250 free minutes of internet. I called my travel agent who contacted NCL and I was told I would have to cancel and rebook which would cause me to loose my current room plus pay $200 more per person. Not worth $400 for 250 minutes of interent.

NCL sent me an email stating they were having a promotion that included two perks. I am sailing to South America in February and already had the unlimited alcohol package. I wanted to add the 250 free minutes of internet. I called my travel agent who contacted NCL and I was told I would have to cancel and rebook which would cause me to loose my current room plus pay $200 more per person. Not worth $400 for 250 minutes of interent.

This is normal procedure. It is based on the current price of the cruise. However losing the current room would be highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off phone with NCL and was able to add the dining promo in addition to the bev package promo we already had. Only added service charge of $18.72pp to our reservation and we now have 6 nights specialty dining for our 10/30/16 transatlantic on the EPIC! Base fare stayed the same, so this was a steal of a deal!

I figured I'd mention it in this thread as well...

It annoys me that the "Pick 2" (was "Pick 1") promos are only up to 16 days. We're planning to do a 21 day + 10 day cruise and are SOL for the 21 day leg.

Not sure if your cruise can be booked as more than one but we booked a b2b last year as two separate cruises. OBC from first leg carried over to second leg and we stayed in same stateroom... I think it was a little bit extra but at the time we were able to pick two perks per leg and mixed and matched them.

If you did this on say two or three separate sailings vs one sailing you could pick UBP and SDP one week, internet and UBP the next...

It was much easier to price out the difference on my own and compare to my current booking to make sure it benefited me prior to bothering to call and wait on hold only to find out it would not be cost beneficial to make the change.

I'll agree with you on this thread, too. :)

Did you ask your TA or NCL if they really had nothing to offer? Maybe they have some secret promotion not advertised as part of the FS Choice promo.

I actually mentioned it to the TA before the "Pick 2" was announced - because they originally told me that I'd be getting it on the 21 day leg. But NCL told me "no". I didn't push it - we've got the cabin on hold, but will pay the deposit today or tomorrow.

At one point - it was almost the same cost to break the 21 days into a 16 day + a 5 day legs, and it would have qualified! But not now - the cabins choice has greatly diminished...

Not sure if your cruise can be booked as more than one but we booked a b2b last year as two separate cruises. OBC from first leg carried over to second leg and we stayed in same stateroom... I think it was a little bit extra but at the time we were able to pick two perks per leg and mixed and matched them.

If you did this on say two or three separate sailings vs one sailing you could pick UBP and SDP one week, internet and UBP the next...

It was much easier to price out the difference on my own and compare to my current booking to make sure it benefited me prior to bothering to call and wait on hold only to find out it would not be cost beneficial to make the change.

Thanks - yeah two days ago that would have worked (before I knew we didn't qualify for the "Pick" bonus). But the prices have jumped now...

So I don't think we'll whine too much about it - we just won't drink much until the last leg!!

Thanks - yeah two days ago that would have worked (before I knew we didn't qualify for the "Pick" bonus). But the prices have jumped now...

So I don't think we'll whine too much about it - we just won't drink much until the last leg!!

Doesn't hurt to keep checking when you get the emails. Also remember to factor in the gratuity charge when figuring in total cost. A two week cruise with UBP and SDP will tack on $180 per person to the fares but it's only the gratuity that you are paying.

If you want to get a quick price check, pick the internet and shore excursions as your choices and then you can accurately compare price you paid for a no perk cruise.

My last cruise was booked over a year in advance for a May cruise. and then January- March they had some really great perk packages that I was able to take advantage of by canceling and rebooking as two separate cruises.

The other advantages of booking separate cruises is that you may be able to upgrade for little to no difference last minute. Odds that a single stateroom will be available all three weeks are much lower.

I have my upcoming cruise booked as a single cruise for 2016 for now because the price for booking separate weeks is considerably higher but I plan on keeping an eye on price and breaking it up if price drops. The rebooking can be done without penalty until final payment.

Just off phone with NCL and was able to add the dining promo in addition to the bev package promo we already had. Only added service charge of $18.72pp to our reservation and we now have 6 nights specialty dining for our 10/30/16 transatlantic on the EPIC! Base fare stayed the same, so this was a steal of a deal!

Ditto here for our (first) Panama Canal cruise in 2017, except that our cabin fare jumped up just a few dollars. We had to do the "cancel & re-book" thing, but no prob - - we kept the same room and all other items (UBP; OBC; etc) stayed the same. For the very modest price of an interior room booked a year in advance, we now have unlimited drinks and a 6-meal dining package too. By the time we reach that Panama Canal cruise we will have also accrued enough trips to reach the Platinum Latitudes level, so there'll be another specialty dinner thrown in as well. As a final bonus, that sailing is on the Jewel in 2017, our favorite mid-sized NCL ship.

All in all, just a little something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!