Valor dry dock

NJEMT29

On the press release, it said spring, but something tells me that it's not happening. Hope I'm wrong because we are sailing May 2016.

John Heald mentioned a date a while ago when they started releasing more sail dates, unfortunately I don't remember the date. I believe it was inline with the above comments. I would be cautious booking anything in or around March.

Nothing official announced. Rumors speculating around Q2 2016. If so, cruises are getting cancelled.

it has been 'officially announced', valor will go into drydock in march 2016:

"In October 2016, Carnival Valor — currently based in Port Canaveral and scheduled to undergo an extensive dry dock in March 2016 that will add a variety of Fun Ship 2.0 innovations — will take over Carnival Victory’s three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Central Florida on a year-round basis. Carnival Valor will be the only ship operating three- and four-day cruises to offer the line’s highly acclaimed Fun Ship 2.0 features. Carnival Victory will subsequently move to another homeport." - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/#sthash.C1U4NKRS.dpuf

as noted in the press release, valor will receive 'a variety of funship 2.0 innovations... i expect the likes of guys, blue iguana, etc. though they have not specified exactly what it will receive.

On the press release, it said spring, but something tells me that it's not happening. Hope I'm wrong because we are sailing May 2016.

march 2016.

ETA valor's last drydock was 1/30/11-2/13/11 so it is due for it's 5 year drydock. so i would definitely expect it to happen.

Edited by falkcor

it has been 'officially announced', valor will go into drydock in march 2016:

"In October 2016, Carnival Valor — currently based in Port Canaveral and scheduled to undergo an extensive dry dock in March 2016 that will add a variety of Fun Ship 2.0 innovations — will take over Carnival Victory’s three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Central Florida on a year-round basis. Carnival Valor will be the only ship operating three- and four-day cruises to offer the line’s highly acclaimed Fun Ship 2.0 features. Carnival Victory will subsequently move to another homeport." - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/#sthash.C1U4NKRS.dpuf

as noted in the press release, valor will receive 'a variety of funship 2.0 innovations... i expect the likes of guys, blue iguana, etc. though they have not specified exactly what it will receive.

Valor is moving to port Canaveral and we are cruising on her next Feb. Wonder if this will mean that only Sunshine will do 7 day cruises out of there?

Valor is moving to port Canaveral and we are cruising on her next Feb. Wonder if this will mean that only Sunshine will do 7 day cruises out of there?

no, from the same press release:

"Additionally, Carnival Magic will reposition to Port Canaveral in December 2016 to offer two different seven-day Caribbean itineraries, providing consumers with exciting new week-long cruise vacation choices from Central Florida. Carnival Magic is part of the line’s newest class of ship and offers such features as a WaterWorks aqua park, Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant and SportSquare outdoor recreation area. - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/#sthash.C1U4NKRS.DfL20QSO.dpuf

magic re-positions to port canaveral for the 7 day runs.

meanwhile sunshine will be re-positioning for seasonal cruises from new york, charleston and norfolk in 2016

it has been 'officially announced', valor will go into drydock in march 2016.

Looks like they have not cancelled any of the cruises yet. I was wondering why I had not seen any of the "damn Carnival cancelled my cruise" threads here.

Looks like they have not cancelled any of the cruises yet. I was wondering why I had not seen any of the "damn Carnival cancelled my cruise" threads here.

that is correct. they are really bad about that anymore... i still fail to understand why they can't get ahead of drydocks, and plan accordingly, instead of cancelling cruises after making them available to book (often far in advance). i think it's bad business, and they end up having to reimburse the up to $200pp for airfare, etc... the only thing that makes sense is that they get people to book, knowing they are then invested in those plans, and have them re-schedule according to their whims / cancellations, which i think is bad business and kind of underhanded if so.

that is correct. they are really bad about that anymore... i still fail to understand why they can't get ahead of drydocks, and plan accordingly, instead of cancelling cruises after making them available to book (often far in advance). i think it's bad business, and they end up having to reimburse the up to $200pp for airfare, etc... the only thing that makes sense is that they get people to book, knowing they are then invested in those plans, and have them re-schedule according to their whims / cancellations, which i think is bad business and kind of underhanded if so.

I think that is why everyone including myself was assuming it would be in Q2 2016 and they would build it into the new schedule, as up to not to long ago, they only had itineraries available up to April 2016. CCL really did drop the ball on this one.

march 2016.

ETA valor's last drydock was 1/30/11-2/13/11 so it is due for it's 5 year drydock. so i would definitely expect it to happen.

Yes, and I hope they stick to that press release. I just started doubting that it will be in March when they announced other drydocks for that time frame but not the Valor's. Made me think that maybe they shuffled things around and the Valor got pushed back for later which is why they haven't made further announcements.

no, from the same press release:

"Additionally, Carnival Magic will reposition to Port Canaveral in December 2016 to offer two different seven-day Caribbean itineraries, providing consumers with exciting new week-long cruise vacation choices from Central Florida. Carnival Magic is part of the line’s newest class of ship and offers such features as a WaterWorks aqua park, Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant and SportSquare outdoor recreation area. - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/#sthash.C1U4NKRS.DfL20QSO.dpuf

magic re-positions to port canaveral for the 7 day runs.

meanwhile sunshine will be re-positioning for seasonal cruises from new york, charleston and norfolk in 2016

Great will give us opportunity to sail on the Magic:)

Yes, and I hope they stick to that press release. I just started doubting that it will be in March when they announced other drydocks for that time frame but not the Valor's. Made me think that maybe they shuffled things around and the Valor got pushed back for later which is why they haven't made further announcements.

Strange that they will use something other than Fantasy class ships for such short cruises.