Interview on the Bloomberg channel

MsMot

Did he have anything interesting to say?

Not really. Basically, he was discussing why he feels that Carnival does not have to compete for RC's customers. They were doing a comparison of RC's new ship to the Breeze. He compared RC's new ship to an amusement park. That ship is massive! Arnold said Carnival's target market are the millennials who want a fun experience at a reasonable cost. I guess we old foggies are welcome to come for the ride:(

Not really. Basically, he was discussing why he feels that Carnival does not have to compete for RC's customers. They were doing a comparison of RC's new ship to the Breeze. He compared RC's new ship to an amusement park. That ship is massive! Arnold said Carnival's target market are the millennials who want a fun experience at a reasonable cost. I guess we old foggies are welcome to come for the ride:(

The interview I saw had CCL's CEO saying that China was the cruise industry's new target zone and he had high hopes for major profits once they get established in Asia. He said almost 40% of his time is being devoted to developing that market.

The interview I saw had CCL's CEO saying that China was the cruise industry's new target zone and he had high hopes for major profits once they get established in Asia. He said almost 40% of his time is being devoted to developing that market.

Obviously I missed some parts of the interview. I was in and out of the kitchen because we were power washing our deck. I didn't catch any discussion of China. Oh wait, I did catch a snippet of him saying something about the fact that the Chinese passengers like high end shopping. I went back out on the deck at that point.