Question for Bonnie

bob278

Bonnie,

I am a web hobbyist (as opposed to a webmaster which implies far more expertise than I have) and have wondered if using icons, maps and links from various cruise lines violates any copyrights. I have never felt like there was anyone I could ask. Hopefully you might be able to find the answer (at least as far as Azamara is concerned).

Could you take a look at the roll call website I have for an upcoming Quest cruise and tell me if you think Azamara would object to any of the icons or links to their information that I have used? My wife and I have also booked two cruises on the Journey and I would like to do websites for them but now, having asked the question, I would hold off or change my content if needed.

If you don't have signatures turned on, the website is here

Thank you.

Hello Bob, this is a question I best not speculate on. Let me ask the office tomorrow.

With regards to your roll call site(s), who are you targeting? Are you a professional travel organizer and the people on the roll call are part of a group?

If your roll call is open to all to join, why not use the CC roll calls?

I ask in order to gather as much info before I talk to the office.

Hello Bob, this is a question I best not speculate on. Let me ask the office tomorrow.

With regards to your roll call site(s), who are you targeting? Are you a professional travel organizer and the people on the roll call are part of a group?

If your roll call is open to all to join, why not use the CC roll calls?

I ask in order to gather as much info before I talk to the office.

Thanks for the response.

The websites are all based on CC roll calls. I am an active poster on all of the roll calls where I have a website. People included on the websites are those who have posted on the roll call threads. I am not involved in the travel business in any way. Obviously, since we cruise a good bit, on some roll calls, we do have friends that we have cruised with before but there are no formal groups organized.

The purpose is to encourage folks to share information and pictures and help with organized tours in addition to providing useful information about cruising and the ports. But I have no connection or arrangements with any of the tour operators or resource links on the website. I pulled all of them from the Cruise Critic ports of call forum, various threads, tripadvisor or general internet searches.

The open question for you is whether or not including links to Azamara's port pages or using the itinerary map off of your website would violate any copyright.

If you think e-mail is a better way to continue, my address is bobm278 at gmail dot com.

Thank you Bonnie. I'll be working on websites for our Journey cruises in 2017 in the coming weeks. It's comforting to know that I can safely use the same format I did for the Quest.