Cruise Price Reduction

BBQ Lover

I checked the price of our booked cruise this morning and noticed that it dropped a couple of hundred dollars per person. I'm going to call Windstar when I get home from work to get the price reduction applied to our cruise. I was wondering how this process works in conjunction with third party insurance .

I am particularly wondering if Windstar considers this a rebooking and will change my booking date to today's date. I ask this because everything about the third party insurance seems to revolve around our initial booking date. I'm concerned that getting this price reduction might somehow screw up our insurance. Does anybody have any experience with this situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

WS policy is that if the price goes down before the final payment is due you get that price, if it is after the 90 days ( full payment is due at 90 days before the the cruise) the price does not drop. If the price goes down but you have the add ons like the hotel nights it does not apply because most,likely the new price will not include the hotel stay, then the reduction does not apply. The insurance should not be a concern because the price is lower. I have never had to rebook when the price went down WS just did it and applied the difference to the deposit to the price of cruise. Hope this helps Happy Sailing.

Update- I just spoke with Holly at Windstar and got the discount for our Jewels of the Windward Islands cruise in December. It looks like a fair number of Caribbean itineraries around that time frame have received a recent discount. You might want to check if you have an existing booking.

As far as the procedure went, it is not considered a new booking and our original booking date remains the same. We had used the "Welcome Home" 10% discount when originally booking. They applied that 10% discount to the new fair, even though we are now currently well outside of the 60 day welcome home period. I was glad to hear that, since I thought there was a chance that they would only honor the 5% yacht club discount at this later date. It would have still been a savings, but it would have been a couple hundred dollars less of a savings.

In the words of Strenz- "Bravo Windstar"

Edited by BBQ Lover

• 2 months later...

We were not aware of any WS policy to automatically reduce any 'already-booked' cruises down to the latest offer.

We had noticed the fare reducing in subsequent offers for the Star Pride's Venetian Passageway, August 26th 2016, and when we contacted them, we were given the opportunity to upgrade our cabin to a balcony, mid-ship, for the same price.

When we later noticed yet another reduction, we emailed, once again, pointing out the significant difference between the offer last October and the latest one in May.

We were offered the opportunity to pay the latest price but, without the free, post-cruise hotel in Athens.

We gladly took this offer and booked the same hotel separately. (For the same allowance, we have booked a room with a view of the Acropolis and not a standard room.)

The only thing we need to do now is to book the taxi from the cruise port to the hotel and decide whether to incorporate this with a half-day tour of Athens before we book into the hotel in the afternoon.

Isobel from Windstar was our booking contact and has been efficient and helpful.

We now look forward to our fourth WS cruise, (first-time on one of the 'new' ones), and hope that the length of time she has been out of service will have been used to restore her to some luxury.

Anyone else staying at the St.George Lycabettus and thinking about an Athens' tour? :)