Royal Pincess Aug 13 2015 Kids

calgarypapa

Hi all and look forward to possibly meeting. My wife and I are bringing our 11 year old Granddaughter on the Aug 13 Royal Princess sailing for the British Isles. She has been asking about meeting other kids her age. Instead of guessing or making "ala kazam" thought I would post here. Anyone else cruising this cruise with kids 10-13?

Also looking for alternate ways to get to Normandy Juno Beach...looking at renting a car and driving..seems simple enough..have driven in Ireland so I can drive anywhere...errr...cept LA..that is just scarey!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should join the roll call for your cruise to get answers to your questions. Your roll call is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018298

There should be a packet of information about the Kids Club in your cabin when you embark. Bring your granddaughter to the registration that evening. That will be the first opportunity to meet others in her age group.

If you call Princess, they should be able to tell you how many other children there are in her age group on your cruise.

Edited by caribill

The kids' clubs on Princess are the best. She will find friends to play with. Look into the Junior Chef program where (for a fee) kids get to cook with the chef and make their own cake. My grandsons loved it.

If her parents aren't going with you, make sure you bring a notarized letter signed by both parents allowing you to take her on the cruise (list the sailing date, ship, etc.). Also get her birth certificate (or passport if she has one), a similar letter allowing you to get her medical treatment, and a copy of the insurance card that covers her. You might not need the permission letters, but if you do get asked for them and don't have them, she won't be allowed on board.

I would also ask her parents to pack a ziplock bag of any medicines she might need -- Tylenol, cold medicine, etc. -- along with her usual dosage. The ship's infirmary may have the same items, but it may not be easy getting what you need when you need it.

Some school districts start the school year in mid-August, but others start right after Labor Day,so hopefully there will be many kids on board.

As someone suggested, make sure to bring her the first night as that's when most of the kids will be there.

We will be traveling on the Inside Passage to Alaska the first week in August with our 8 year old grandson, so I want to follow this thread and see what answers I can learn ahead of time. Thanks for the question.

Edited by KimB730

We will be traveling on the Inside Passage to Alaska the first week in August with our 8 year old grandson, so I want to follow this thread and see what answers I can learn ahead of time. Thanks for the question.

Our kids liked to swim in the covered pool when we went to Alaska. It was the Star, which has a covered pool. You might want to check on your ship. Another huge hit with ours was the pizza. The idea of "free" pizza made them happy. Lunch every day was pizza and then the "free" ice cream. They are twin boys and were eight at the time.