Best place to snorkel with kids

Carleeb12

How old are the kids? :confused:

Chankanaab Marine park (adult admission about $20 each) offers a small beach, separate snorkel area, small pool, sea lion shows, nature trails etc.

For older kids I would suggest the Money Bar for good snorkeling from the shore - no admission fee, great facilities, plus good food/drinks service.

Taxi to either, for up to 4 passengers, will run about $11-12

I was in Cozumel on Saturday with a close friend, but will be returning in 5 weeks with my family, and I had this same question!

I think I will do exactly as I did Saturday, which was:

Spend the morning/early afternoon relaxing on the beach and eating at Paradise Beach Club. Too many waves there to snorkel, but we did see a huge mantaray right near the shore. Then, hop in a taxi to the Money Bar for lunch and snorkeling with my son (he is 7).

You literally walk 3 feet down the little rocky path at the Money Bar and there are hundreds, if not thousands of fish! Depending on the ages of your kids, they could even hang onto the path's guardrail and simply put their face in and see tons of fish through their mask. It was amazing.

We ate fish tacos on the deck at Money Bar and could see the bright turquoise and orange fish swimming around from our lunch table!

I was in Cozumel on Saturday with a close friend, but will be returning in 5 weeks with my family, and I had this same question!

I think I will do exactly as I did Saturday, which was:

Spend the morning/early afternoon relaxing on the beach and eating at Paradise Beach Club. Too many waves there to snorkel, but we did see a huge mantaray right near the shore. Then, hop in a taxi to the Money Bar for lunch and snorkeling with my son (he is 7).

You literally walk 3 feet down the little rocky path at the Money Bar and there are hundreds, if not thousands of fish! Depending on the ages of your kids, they could even hang onto the path's guardrail and simply put their face in and see tons of fish through their mask. It was amazing.

We ate fish tacos on the deck at Money Bar and could see the bright turquoise and orange fish swimming around from our lunch table!

Thank you for this information. How much did this cost you?

Taxi for 4 passengers to Paradise Beach will run about $17 and admission/chair rental is $3 each. Taxi fro up to 4 passengers from PB to Money Bar will run about $10-12 - verify the fare BEFORE you get into the taxi. No admission fee at Money Bar - lockers and rental gear available if needed and the food/drinks/service are good! :cool: Snorkeling from the shore at MB is good. Taxi back to your pier (there are 3 piers on Coz, and after 5-6 margaritas it is easy to get mixed up :rolleyes:) will run about $11-12

The taxi from our pier (we were on Royal Caribbean this time, which typically docks a little farther than the Carnival Triumph) to Paradise Beach was $15. Entry to Paradise Beach was $3 (which included chair and umbrella).

Taxis were waiting outside of Paradise Beach and we hopped in one to the Money Bar. This journey cost $11. Money Bar has no entry fee. We did sit and eat lunch (two huge platters of mahi mahi tacos, refried beans, fresh salsa all for $30 including a $5 tip).

From the Money Bar, there were taxis waiting outside to take us back to the pier, and this was $12.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!