Stavanger - Trip to Preikestolen

Hello,

my husband and I are sailing on Brilliance OTS in the Norwegian Fjords. We are wondering if it is enough time for hiking to the Preikestolen while staying in Stavanger (12-8 pm).

There is no official trip organized by the cruise line. Has anybody done this trip on your own and can tell us about it?

Many thanks in advance. :-)

Fjord Norway offers a packaged trip to buy the bus/ferry/etc tickets. You can find their timetable here:

http://www.tidereiser.com/Timetables-hike-pulpitrock

They recommend at least 4 hours roundtrip for the hike, so if you sail in around 12, you might be able to try for the 12:30 departure and then the 18:15 return, which should have you back in Stavanger around 19:20.

• 7 months later...
Hello,

my husband and I are sailing on Brilliance OTS in the Norwegian Fjords. We are wondering if it is enough time for hiking to the Preikestolen while staying in Stavanger (12-8 pm).

There is no official trip organized by the cruise line. Has anybody done this trip on your own and can tell us about it?

Many thanks in advance. :-)

We took the ferry over to do this hike, it looks way cool to be on a ledge 1000's of feet above the lake, but the hike is awful. Almost the whole way you are climbing over rocks from bowling ball size to small boulders, you can't even look up without twisting an ankle, much of the time holding on with your hands. It it's a bit rainy that makes it slippery too. We got about 3/4 of the way there and gave up, also had to get back for the ferry. We've hiked all over the world and this one was just miserable.

-Bob

• 1 month later...

We didn't hike to Preikestolen, because of some reviews we've found in www. Many poeple recommended more time for this trip, so we decided to cancel the hike and took a boat trip instead. This was amazing and having a look to Preikestolen from the boat was fantastic, but maybe sometimes we will come back, having more time... :-)

• 3 years later...

Can you share some info on the boat trip you took? I am looking for a private boat trip for my group of 20 visiting Stavanger.

We didn't hike to Preikestolen, because of some reviews we've found in www. Many poeple recommended more time for this trip, so we decided to cancel the hike and took a boat trip instead. This was amazing and having a look to Preikestolen from the boat was fantastic, but maybe sometimes we will come back, having more time... :-)