Fantasy Deck 5 aft or 8 aft?

Hammergirl

We have a choice between these 2 decks and I am having a hard time deciding.

Our daughter will spend a lot of time in the kids club so I like the proximity to that on deck 5, but am afraid it will be noisy from the deck below. I also like that it has a bigger balcony, but not in love with the fact that people can look down on me.

Deck 8 seems like it will be less noisy, but away from the kids club and smaller balcony. I am somewhat prone to the motion, but was on deck 12 on the Oasis and did OK there. Only once did I feel a little ill.

Any thoughts on these 2 decks?

We had a rear facing cabin on 8 two years ago on an Eastern Caribbean trip on Fantasy and I would not trade it. It did get rough on the day long haul from San Juan to Castaway Cay, and there was a very pronounced 'wiggle' to the ship that far aft. I LOVED it, slept like a baby those nights.

Yes, it's a little farther from the kids clubs and such, and I tend to take the stairs to get around on the ship and work off some of the calories, but I don't see a large difference that a couple of decks would make.

My opinion only....

We had a rear facing cabin on 8 two years ago on an Eastern Caribbean trip on Fantasy and I would not trade it. It did get rough on the day long haul from San Juan to Castaway Cay, and there was a very pronounced 'wiggle' to the ship that far aft. I LOVED it, slept like a baby those nights.

Yes, it's a little farther from the kids clubs and such, and I tend to take the stairs to get around on the ship and work off some of the calories, but I don't see a large difference that a couple of decks would make.

My opinion only....

I would expect the wiggle, after all pretty girls do that bottom wiggle all the time.

AKK