Onboard booking

Les Picantins

That being said, we just got off b2b in europe and booked Caribbean yesterday with their flash sale. They refused to honor either discount with flash sale meaning repeat customers get a big nothing and pay exactly what a first time buyer does. Not exactly great customer relations. Thus game playing with fares is getting really old.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sb44, I would send an email to both Windstar customer service and to Hans Berkholz (hans.birkholz@windstarcruises.com) expressing your frustration. Windstar relies on its alumni for a significant percentage of its bookings. Something like this will add to the list of Windstar negatives (just look at the Legend reviews).

Thanks. Believe me that's next on my to do after being gone a month. Incredible trips on the Surf and booked more b2b next summer already. Was floored when they refused any discount on a sale. Terrible customer relations. And going on the legend in December as an act of faith that they are fixing all of the negatives.

I have since found out that this is very true however we were travelling when all of this took place so reading the fine print on my phone was not a great option. I still think it's a bad business practice and have expressed that to their management today. They were responsive and listened to what I had to say so they get points for that. If my favorite airline has a flash sale I still get to use my other perks like free bags, drinks, lounge, etc. When my favorite department store has a huge final sale I still get to use bonus coupons, free gift wrap, etc. I believe customer loyalty deserves consideration under all circumstances. At least that's how I look at it.

Yes it does depend on the person on the other end of the phone. I was offered free laundry and a bottle of wine. Would rather have had the money but since I buy laundry package anyhow it's okay. The problem as I see it is the bad will and hassle. They need to make a corporate decision and not make people call and beg. What a waste of time for everyone. Oh well. Happy sailing!

Last year when we were on the Star Pride they did have a future cruise sales rep onboard. At the time, the rep said it was being done on a trial basis. Guess they didn't think it was worth it as just got off the Star Breeze and there was no mention of booking future cruises or on the 5% discount for booking within 60 days of disembarkation....something they could easily promote in the daily newsletter left in the stateroom.

Even with having a future sales rep onboard, it wasn't a smooth process....no reservation confirmation given at the time of booking as this had to come from the head office. Then head office only sent it after I chased them and asked where on earth it was...it was somehow lost in their system!

Edited by Toucanbritz