Contacting. Thomson by phone...so frustrating!

I have been trying to contact Thomson by phone to potentially upgrade our cabin. It is impossible to get through!

Does anyone have any tips or a " golden" number to ring please?

I had to contact them today on the number given to reserve your cabin but did have to hold for 5 mins

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I ha problem ringing also tried one number spoke to someone with broken English she said would return my call as didn't know how to book cabin for me.

Still waiting for call tried a different number both in brochure again spoke to someone with slightly better English!! Managed just to book this time after lot of hassle. Poor service.

Have you tried 0203 451 2682? That's the one I used and got through straight away. Mind you, I did phone on a Saturday morning. I even rang back within five minutes to request a double bed, again got through no bother.

Have you tried 0203 451 2682? That's the one I used and got through straight away. Mind you, I did phone on a Saturday morning. I even rang back within five minutes to request a double bed, again got through no bother.

We always use this number and always get through OK.

I've never had a problem ringing the reserve your cabin no and always end up speaking to someone in Wales - which I can understand as they don't speak in Welsh lol

Same here. They have always been helpful too.

Very helpful as I won't pay until I know the cabin I want is available so they check for me and I have the confirm payment page on my iPad On confirming the cabin is available they wait whilst I pay and then am able to give them my ref no and then they book the cabin for me. I do this because if I can't get the outside plus/deluxe cabin I want midships I change my booking to a basic outside cabin midships, which is cheaper - although only had to do this once

Panic! I have booked a cabin on tui discovery for January two weeks Caribbean. Just read a comment by a lady on discovery Facebook page that she is embarking the week before for two weeks with MY cabin number. Hope this number works tomorrow...on a Sunday. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Panic! I have booked a cabin on tui discovery for January two weeks Caribbean. Just read a comment by a lady on discovery Facebook page that she is embarking the week before for two weeks with MY cabin number. Hope this number works tomorrow...on a Sunday. :(

The person who is occupying your cabin the week before you arrive is probably on a cruise and stay and will leave for their hotel the day of your arrival should not think you need to worry.

Very frustrating morning booking a cruise on the Thomson Spirit in April. We are travelling with my mother in law who is disabled. The advise is to call their number for Welfare before booking - took about 20 mins for someone to answer and listening to 'The Who' for that length of time is not my idea of fun. The cabins for the disabled were free and I also wanted to check re tenders. This cruise isn't in their brochure yet as the Spirit has had a reprieve as it was due to leave at the end of this season. Therefore difficult to see if any of the ports were tendered. All were fine but as I didn't have a Booking number I had then to go back and book the cruise and then call them back - another 15 min wait - I was then able to confirm assistance and request one of the cabins for disabled people - my mother in law has a preference and this was available. I then had to ring another number to reserve our cabin as you are not able to select your cabin on line - unlike other cruise lines I have travelled on. Again I had to wait 10-15 minutes to get through. I put my phone in my pocket on speaker phone and got on with my life whilst waiting for a response. All the staff I spoke to were helpful so I have no grouse with them - TUI need to employ more 'agents' to respond to calls. The issue of the tender is really importance as wheelchair users are not able to use them if they cannot manage the step in to the tender. My mother in law recently returned from a cruise on the Spirit and was very disappointed as she was not able to get off at Kotor - this was not indicated as a tender at the time of booking - but that is another story.