Dubai - Abu Dhabi Transportation

madepaz

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how much a taxi from Dubai to Abu Dhabi costs? We are thinking of doing the Super Deal Big Red Bus Hop On and Off tours that include both cities. We are not sure if the transportation between the two cities are included. Has anyone taken this tour? Any tips or must -do ideas from Abu Dhabi and or Dubai.:

Looking forward to hearing some ideas.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how much a taxi from Dubai to Abu Dhabi costs? We are thinking of doing the Super Deal Big Red Bus Hop On and Off tours that include both cities. We are not sure if the transportation between the two cities are included. Has anyone taken this tour? Any tips or must -do ideas from Abu Dhabi and or Dubai.:

Looking forward to hearing some ideas.

Yes, we took the Big Red Bus between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in May of this year and the cost of our ticket included the transportation between the two city,s. The bus leaves from the Emerites Mall about 8.15am and returns to the same mall about 7.30pm It is about one and half hours drive to Abu Dhabi on great roads. When you get to A.D. you are at the Mosque and that is when we toured the Mosque, then we took the bus to Ferrari World and you also get to stop on the bridge overlooking the F 1 track. Take a snack with you as the timing of the buses and all you get to see in A.D. leaves little time to eat. Abu Dhabi city tour was the last thing we did and it is amazing just like the city of Dubai. The big bus has lots of cool water on all their buses for Free.

If you need more info just ask. Sue

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. What are some of the places you visited in A.D.? Did you do the Ferrari World tour or did you go to the actual park? Did you visit the aquarium? Any MUST DO that you would recommend? We only have a day in Dubai as well which is why we thought we could do the Big Bus Tour. Is there enough time to take the night tour bus in Dubai when we get back from A.D.? Sorry for all the questions but our time is so limited that we want to make sure we have a plan before hand. We are doing a South Africa and Dubai Tour and Dubai is our last stop before heading back home.

By the way, did you happen to fly Emirates? We hear that it is a good airline.

Thank you so much Sue for sharing all your experiences and hints.

Have a great weekend,

Melissa

The only site really worth visiting in Abu Dhabi is the Grand Mosque. It is well worth a visit, but I would not personally consider this unless I was actually in port in Abu Dhabi. The road trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi will take anything from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on the day and time of the week and how many accidents take place. I think that you should reconsider trying to see both cities in a day, as you may end up disappointed. If you want to visit a mosque then you can visit Jumeirah Mosque in Dubai, or even more interesting book the tour offered by the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for cultural understanding. This takes place in the creek area of Dubai, which is the oldest part of the city. You will be taken around the area, visit a Mosque and have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about the Islam religion, their customs and lifestyle, see the website for a full explanation of the tours available. In addition the creek area is close to the cruise port and after the tour you can take a local abra ( water boat) across the creek to the Spice souk and Gold souk. Having lived in Dubai for a few years, I know that this was the experience that our guest always enjoyed the most. If you want to take a taxi, they are metered and cheap, however traffic in Dubai is horrendous and what may look a trip of just a couple of miles can take up to an hour, so allow for this in your itinereray. Finally Friday is a day of worship, so mosque visits are not allowed on that day. You could even consider negotiating a rate with a taxi driver for the day, this would definitely save you time and allow you to plan your day according to what interests you.

You say you only have a day in Dubai, are you in port overnight? Another lovely thing to do is to take an evening dinner cruise on the creek, I would recommend Bateaux Dubai, as they have the best food although they use a modern boat, rather than the old dhows used by other companies. You can book direct with them on their website, otherwise just google Dubai Creek dinner cruise for other companies.

As with all things, you just need to decide on your priorities and then plan your sightseeing accordingly. I am happy to help if you need it.

Edited by Bedruthen

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. What are some of the places you visited in A.D.? Did you do the Ferrari World tour or did you go to the actual park? Did you visit the aquarium? Any MUST DO that you would recommend? We only have a day in Dubai as well which is why we thought we could do the Big Bus Tour. Is there enough time to take the night tour bus in Dubai when we get back from A.D.? Sorry for all the questions but our time is so limited that we want to make sure we have a plan before hand. We are doing a South Africa and Dubai Tour and Dubai is our last stop before heading back home.

By the way, did you happen to fly Emirates? We hear that it is a good airline.

Thank you so much Sue for sharing all your experiences and hints.

Have a great weekend,

Melissa

Hi Melissa, yes we were back in time for the evening trip on the Big Bus. I would tell the driver in the AM that you are taking the evening bus tour in Dubai so he will be back in time.

No we did not fly Emerites as it was very expensive. We flew KLM Dubai to Amsterdam with a 4 hour layover. Which was perfect for a walk around the airport to stretch our legs, then Amsterdam to Toronto

No we did not have the time to visit Ferrari world just drive through the area. We really wanted to see the F 1 track,but if time had permitted we would have visited F.W.

With such a short time in Dubai maybe you should just spend the 2 days in Dubai as there is lots to do. We had 4 days in Dubai and did not get to see everything we had on our list.

If the Aquariun you asked about is in the Dubai Mall well you can spend 5 minutes and you have see all the fish. It is a large Aquarium with big fish but nothing else.

The Mosque in A.D was very interesting. The city tour is great but there is really no time to get off the bus and explore A.D.

In Dubai we did have tickets to go up the tower and the view was amazing.

You can order your tickets 30 days in advance and we highly recommend that you do this IF you want to see Dubai from the Top. We went to 124th level but there is a higher level as well, it costs more.

Hope I got your questions answered but just keep asking anything else you think of. sue