Dubai day tour ending at airport?

Gig103

We arrive in Dubai on a Friday, overnight, and disembark on a Saturday morning. I don't need to be at the airport until 22:00 (for a Sunday 01:00 flight). Does anyone know a tour or activity I can do where they will secure our luggage for the day and drop us off at the airport? Should I plan on an inexpensive hotel room instead to leave bags and relax before 22:00 (since I suspect there are no tours that run so late) ?

Thanks in advance!

There is short term luggage storage at DXB in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 (Emirates) I believe the charge is 20-25AED ($5-$7) per bag depending on size, for twelve hours. You could then hop on the Dubai metro at the airport and head off to visit Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountains. Heading to the mall the direction would be towards Jebel Ali. The metro exit is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall. There is a pedestrian bridge that connects the station to the mall. If you plan to visit Burj Khalifa "At the Top" be sure to purchase your tickets ahead of time as they will be much less. Should you decide to take the metro back, you would be heading towards Rashadiya for the airport. Taxis are cheap, you may want to return to the airport that way but allow a little extra time for traffic on the week-end.

There is also luggage storage at Dubai Mall on the "G" level near the Village and waterfall should you want to head there by taxi directly from the port when you disembark. Of course, having a room to relax and freshen up before a long flight home is appealing too;) Enjoy your visit!

Hrm, we were probably going to explore downtown Dubai on our first day in port, but with baggage hold availability maybe we switch it up.

Any other advice would be welcome, so consider this a bit of a bump too :-)

Hrm, we were probably going to explore downtown Dubai on our first day in port, but with baggage hold availability maybe we switch it up.

Any other advice would be welcome, so consider this a bit of a bump too :-)

Is your first day in port the Friday evening you arrive or will you have begun your cruise also in Dubai? There is a lot to do in the downtown Burj Khalifa area but other ideas in Dubai would be to take a water taxi ride and see Dubai from the sea. You could board in the old part of Dubai by the creek or at the Marina Mall station which is metro accessible.

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta/home/about/agencies/public-transport/about/Marine%20Transport/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDA9NgnzALbwsXA2ejMD9Dd1NjAwgAykdiyhuZwOWJ0o0dOBLS7aUflZ6TnwR0ZTjI3WbxPu6uAf4GbmaG7q5eJgaePiamRu5BXoYGJoYQeXSzTJDciaLf38_J2cDTNMTU2NHQEyGPz58QeZw-8fPIz03VD07N0y_IDY2oDPbMDEh3VAQAcqlvng!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfTEdFUE8wRjYxR0NQNzBJQkI1RjlIODFKNzA!/

When you arrive on Friday, if it is after five, the creek area will also be lively. You could take a taxi and visit the Gold and Spice Souk (Deira side of creek) then cross over by the abra for 1 dirham ($.27) and check out the Textile Souk. The Dubai Museum or Sheik Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding are in this part of the city (Bur Dubai) as well.

On the opposite side of town, you could visit Burj al Arab (iconic sail shaped hotel) or Souk Madinat Jumeirah complex nearby.

Click on my user name and you will see many posts I've made on Dubai info in the past and I'm happy to answer questions.:)