Splendor 9/14 to Half Moon Cay and Nassau

cruzn buckeye

I'm sailing on the Carnival Liberty on 9/14, also going to Nassau. I'm extremely nervous about rough seas from Hurricane Jose. I've never cruised this close to a storm. Does anyone know what I can expect as far as waves or how much the boat will rock?

I'm sailing on the Carnival Liberty on 9/14, also going to Nassau. I'm extremely nervous about rough seas from Hurricane Jose. I've never cruised this close to a storm. Does anyone know what I can expect as far as waves or how much the boat will rock?

I've been in conditions that approach those of a hurricane. 50- 70 kt winds and 15-20 ft seas. If I remember correctly, it was on the Elation, a fairly small ship. There was almost no roll but there was a lot of pitch. It was very bumpy, like driving on a road with lots and lots of pot holes. When the ship slammed into an oncoming wave the whole ship shuddered. Very few people got sick. The wind speed and wave height were constantly being updated on the TV navigation screen. I thought it was fun, my wife did not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, AD5ZA. That helps a lot! I'm not normally prone to seasickness, but for some reason I'm freaking myself out about this one. At least it's only a 3-night cruise.

Get some motion sickness pills, my hubby and I take them EVER cruise now at 30+. He has inner ear and I am prone to car sickness. We use to take Dramamine, then went to Bonine now we get whatever is in our drug store of choice. This is ours! 68e4bac30e0c1556124f7b75186057e6.jpg7706e98aa5601c9964db13353e472eb1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums