Pre/Post Arrangements

Just back from 30 day cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen. My DW and 17 year old GD had some land experiences both before and after the cruise that may be worth considering.

We used Regent Air but deviated and went to Stockholm 2 days early. We stayed at the Sheraton as they allowed 3 in a room. It turned out that this was also the Regent "pre-cruise" hotel. We paid $331 /room/night plus about $80 to get us and 6 suitcases from the airport to the Sheraton plus about $50 for a taxi from the hotel to the boat. We had a nice room that held "all" of us. We got free internet as we joined the Sheraton loyalty program. As we were in the Regent hotel, I asked the Regent desk staff to confirm the ship location - I got the incorrect info!

In Copenhagen, luggage retrieval was chaotic but help was handy. However, the Regent airport bus left everyone off at Terminal 2 while we and many others were going out on SAS from Terminal 3 - a very good hike (indoor) away. A couple from the boat used a taxi for about $65 instead of the Regent quote of $165.

Deep freeze, did you tour on your own in Stockholm or use a guide? We are going on the 9/10 voyage but will only have the morning of embarkation to tour. thank you!

We did our tours on our own. Stockholm is an easy getting around city. There is lots of info here below on Ports of Call and also on Trip Advisor. With only a morning I would recommend either Vassa museum of City Hall.

DeepFreeze63 & taxare,

We will also be on the Voyager 9/10 but don't think we will have time to explore as our flight is due in after 12pm

Thank you for the information and taxare hope you get to see something worthwhile in your limited time.

Pam.