Do you need permission to stay off ship overnight?

SailingDeanna

Our ship docks in Suva, Fiji, and stays overnight until 5:00p.m. the next day. Do you need permission from the ship to stay overnight on the island? Is it allowed? Does Fiji require a special visa or anything?

Which ship?

Usually the ship just wants to be informed.

Our ship docks in Suva, Fiji, and stays overnight until 5:00p.m. the next day. Do you need permission from the ship to stay overnight on the island? Is it allowed? Does Fiji require a special visa or anything?

Not enough information. Depends what nation's PASSPORT you are carrying and what Country of Residence you are declaring. As a USA citizen, I have 'jumped ship' on occasion and rejoined the cruiseship elsewhere. I first fill out a legal form with the ship's FrontDesk Purser indicating my intentions. They sign and date 2 copies and so do I. Then they know I will intentionally not be aboard when the ship departs without me. I keep my Passport, Ship's ID, Embassy Contact Ph# and Credit Cards etc with me of course. I rejoin the ship at a later date, yet my Cabin remains mine. Your situation sounds benign, however I can only speak for myself. Locomotiveman Tom