Society Islands - Excursions

boleynkid

Ship excursions always seem to be more expensive so looking to book online ourselves. More into snorkelling/beach/jet ski type tours and possibly ATV. Any recommendations etc much appreciated for the following :

Moorea

Tahaa

Raiatea

Bora Bora

Huahine

Will be there early April.

One suggestion is to post in the Roll Call thread (a separate message board) for your ship's sailing date to see if other's are organizing tours/excursions that you might want to join/participate in. It's one way cruisers have found to save money on costly on board excursions by forming their own groups among fellow passengers.

There may already be groups forming for your ship, take a look and see. If you are so inclined, like organizing, you can take the lead and organize a group yourself and invite others to join your group, it's up to you.

Just wanted to share the option with you if you were not yet aware of our Roll Call threads here within our community. :)

Marc's Tour by Huahine Nautique on Huahaine

Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery on Bora Bora

Albert's ATV tour (if you want an ATV tour) on Moorea

Michael Poole dolphin and whale watching on Moorea

Albert's also offers lagoon tours with snorkeling on Moorea

I love the Hilton on Moorea and you can contact them for a day pass, includes lunch and great snorkeling

One suggestion is to post in the Roll Call thread (a separate message board) for your ship's sailing date to see if other's are organizing tours/excursions that you might want to join/participate in. It's one way cruisers have found to save money on costly on board excursions by forming their own groups among fellow passengers.

There may already be groups forming for your ship, take a look and see. If you are so inclined, like organizing, you can take the lead and organize a group yourself and invite others to join your group, it's up to you.

Just wanted to share the option with you if you were not yet aware of our Roll Call threads here within our community. :)

Many thanks for the tip Host Bonjour. Have only been on one cruise before and had forgotten about the roll call thread. Enjoyed meeting up with fellow CC members on our first cruise.

Marc's Tour by Huahine Nautique on Huahaine

Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery on Bora Bora

Albert's ATV tour (if you want an ATV tour) on Moorea

Michael Poole dolphin and whale watching on Moorea

Albert's also offers lagoon tours with snorkeling on Moorea

I love the Hilton on Moorea and you can contact them for a day pass, includes lunch and great snorkeling

Thanks for the tips FlightMedic. I have booked the Pure Snorkelling tour at Bora Bora and contacted Huahine Nautique.

• 2 weeks later...
Ship excursions always seem to be more expensive so looking to book online ourselves. More into snorkelling/beach/jet ski type tours and possibly ATV. Any recommendations etc much appreciated for the following :

Moorea

Tahaa

Raiatea

Bora Bora

Huahine

Will be there early April.

I blogged my trip there last year (see my signature for the link) And a friend of mine spent months doing B2Bs of the area and she also blogs under the name pescado amarillo on blogspot. Both contain tons of information on those islands.

Happy planning!

jilly

I blogged my trip there last year (see my signature for the link) And a friend of mine spent months doing B2Bs of the area and she also blogs under the name pescado amarillo on blogspot. Both contain tons of information on those islands.

Happy planning!

jilly

Many thanks Jilly, I have had a quick look and as you say there is tons to read so I look forward to going all through it in the coming days/weeks.

Many thanks Jilly, I have had a quick look and as you say there is tons to read so I look forward to going all through it in the coming days/weeks.

You are welcome. That was my favorite vacation ever. The snorkeling was amazing! Please feel free to comment on the blog or use the email link if you have questions! Or here--but sometimes I don't get on here for awhile.

Happy Planning!