Antarctica ?

sailing canary

Yes. Explorer is small enough that all guests can make all landings. (The larger ships are limited so some have to watch and only land occasionally). The trip to South Georgia and the Falklands as well as Antarctica is worth doing. They are both fascinating in their own way.

Silversea lecturers are excellent. Birders, historians, fishery expert, meteorologists.

Ask if you have any more specific questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it was our first SS cruise back in December 2009. It was incredible! The Explorer is an expedition ship so not quite as fancy as the regular SS ships but we enjoyed the ship immensely. We have been on two Explorer cruises after Antarctica.

There are a goodly number of Explorer veterans here on these boards. Second the previous poster; ask more specific questions and we'll happily answer.

Pictures of the Antarctica trip are in a link near the bottom of my signature.

Agree with both of the above. Silver Explorer is our kind of cruising. We cruise for destinations, good guides, frequent ports/landings.

Read the reviews of Silver Explorer on Cruise Critic, it doesn't suit everybody.

Haven't been to Antarctica, but have been on both discoverer and explorer to Arctic and remote Alaska.

I highly recommend the experience. I think the ships are quirky and fun, and would go to Antarctica in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself with silversea.

I echo the responses that their guides are excellent and lots of fun.

I did hear scuttlebutt on last cruise, just last week, that the discoverer may be sold in the near future.