Tour By Van

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:04 PM.
4,045 Posts
Joined May 2005
Wildrob, consider it done! I've made a note & will pass it on!

Kevin, good to hear! Glad you had a good time!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SW Florida
7,076 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by gumballz
I'll be touring with Rudy from Tour by Van next week! I know there are quite a few people wondering different things about him and/or his tours. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to find out while I'm there? I'm not going to grill the man, but I'll be happy to observe things (within reason, of course).
Just have a wonderful time in Acapulco and tell Rudy we're looking forward to see him in March! I'll look for your "review" when you get back. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Karen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrowmindedness" - Mark Twain

RCI

Sunny AZ
23,461 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Unhappily I had to cancel my February cruise which would have taken me to Acapulco where I would have seen Rudy. I was heading up a large group tour there and had to hand it over to someone else. However, I must say Rudy was so gracious and accommodating to me & our group. I am looking forward to meeting him in April of 2011 when I will planning on finally making it to Acapulco!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

Brilliance of the Seas ~ September 1, 2018 ~ Trans-Atlantic Amsterdam to Tampa!
Brilliance of the Seas ~ September 17, 2018 ~ Caribbean Bound!

My Bucket List Cruises:
British Isles - Ireland Booked September 2018!
Italy & Greek Islands
Baltic
European River Cruise
Northeast/Canada Fall Colors
Alaska Cruisetour
Australia/Tahiti
Hawaii - again!

Happy Memories...
Big Red Boat 06/93 (Bahamas)~ Explorer of the Seas 06/05 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 04/06 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Monarch of the Seas 12/06 (Baja Mexico) ~ Monarch of the Seas 04/07 (Baja Mexico) ~ Golden Princess 01/08 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Explorer of the Seas 04/08 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Caribbean Princess 05/09 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Radiance of the Seas 09/09 (Cabo San Lucas) ~ Mariner of the Seas 05/10 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Carnival Spirit 07/10 (Alaska) ~ NCL Pride of America 05/11 (Hawaii)~ Allure of the Seas 04/13 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas B2B 05/14 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Oasis of the Seas 05/15 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 10/15 (Panama Canal) ~ Harmony of the Seas 10/16 (Transatlantic)

Oasis of the Seas 2015 Pictorial Review
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean B2B 2014 Pictorial Review

Allure of the Seas 2013 Pictorial Review!

Are you an Arizona Cruiser? Come join the fun! "Never Ending Circle of Friends"
York, Pa. USA
90 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
We just returned from the Millennium and 8 of us took Rudy's tour (*********.com). We had a wonderful day with Rudy. His van is very nice and air conditioned. His English is excellent and he went out of his way to make our day in Acapulco special. I would highly recommend him.
california
7 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
We have just returned from our 16 day cruise on celebrity to panama. We had a group of 6 people and wanted to try and arrange our own tours. We did not like the idea of being on a bus with several people trying to see the city. I will not go into all the sites we were able to visit, but there was no sitting and waiting for people. We quickly went to many locations ,stops for pictures, and a great insite to the city. We did not just drive by the big hotels, we saw the back streets and how so many of the people live. It was very impacting. We were with miguel, who is a history teacher in high school. He told us so much about this area and took very good are of us. I would reccomend this tour group to everyone. They will provide a comfortable ,very safe, fun tour, and you will want to come back again.
4,045 Posts
Joined May 2005
Like most of you know, we toured with Rudy from Tour by Van last week while we were in Acapulco. Let me just start by saying we had a wonderful time! Rudy was right where he told us he would be with a sign that had our names on it. We said our 'hellos' and we were off to his van. The van was a large Ford Econoline type van. It seemed to be newer, however I don't know what year. The seats were in excellent condition, the interior was spotless, the A/C was cold and it was a smooth quiet ride. Because so many people on CC have questions about Tour by Van, I did a little extra looking around so I could let CC people know a little more than I usually write about. I watched his speed while we drove around and he kept it at a very reasonable pace. I didn't notice speed limit signs, so I cannot say whether or not he was within the speed limit, but based on motion, we were within a safe limit. The van had a full tank of gas and the temperature gauge was in a low position. He used his signals and respected all street signs & lights. At no time did he put us at any risk of being in danger.

Rudy went over the places we had asked to see and inquired as to if there was anyplace else we'd like to visit on our tour. As we drove around the city and from place to place, Rudy told us different things about the history of the city and pointed out historical landmarks. We stopped at a few and drove by a few. The tour was exactly what we had asked for. He didn't try to get us to go shopping, stop at anyone's house, eat at anyone's restaurant, etc. He had a full cooler of cold soft drinks & water (we didn't want beer, but the offer was there) and he asked a few times if we wanted to stop for a bathroom break.

Rudy himself was very pleasant. He speaks English very well and his accent is fun to listen to. It's not so strong that we had trouble understanding him, though. He was extremely respectful towards literally everyone he saw. He opened doors for us and took photos of us with our cameras. The photos turned out great! We felt safe the whole time we were with him and would not hesitate to book with his company again. I rate his tour a 10 out of 10. I have nothing bad or negative to say about it at all........except maybe that we wish we could have stayed a few days instead of only a few hours!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Here's a pic of the van we toured in. It was clean and in good condition.

Rudy talking & pointing things out as we drive to our next destination.

Rudy at Los Flamingos, you can see that he wears his license around his neck (and I looked.....it's not expired).

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
4,045 Posts
Joined May 2005
For those of you interested, I just posted a review about Tour by Van on another thread. I couldn't post it on this one, since I started the thread. I needed to follow CC rules in order to keep it on the boards.

The thread the review is under is titled: 'Tour by Van tours of Acapulco'
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SW Florida
7,076 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
GUMBALLZ.....Thank you so much for posting your review of the tour with Rudy in Acapulco. I was already feeling really good about booking with him for our trip there in March, but after reading your excellent review, I am even more excited. This is exactly what we wanted and I know we'll have a great time on our tour of ACA w/Rudy. Thanks again for taking the time to post back about it, and I hope all of your cruise was excellent!

Karen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrowmindedness" - Mark Twain

RCI

Sunny AZ
23,461 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Thank you for the review, gumbalz. I am looking forward to seeing him in 2011. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

My Bucket List Cruises:
Italy & Greek Islands
Baltic
European River Cruise
Alaska Cruisetour
Australia/Tahiti
Hawaii - again!

Happy Memories...
Big Red Boat 06/93 (Bahamas)~ Explorer of the Seas 06/05 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 04/06 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Monarch of the Seas 12/06 (Baja Mexico) ~ Monarch of the Seas 04/07 (Baja Mexico) ~ Golden Princess 01/08 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Explorer of the Seas 04/08 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Caribbean Princess 05/09 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Radiance of the Seas 09/09 (Cabo San Lucas) ~ Mariner of the Seas 05/10 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Carnival Spirit 07/10 (Alaska) ~ NCL Pride of America 05/11 (Hawaii)~ Allure of the Seas 04/13 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas B2B 05/14 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Oasis of the Seas 05/15 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 10/15 (Panama Canal) ~ Harmony of the Seas 10/16 (Transatlantic)

4,045 Posts
Joined May 2005
You're very welcome.

Wildrob & Karen, I passed on your messages to Rudy.....and gave him little post it notes with the messages as well. He was happy to 'hear' from you both and said he's looking forward to meeting you.

Sunny AZ, I'm sad for you that you have to wait so long......but, at least you have something else to look forward to. A great tour in a city full of history!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arlington, WA
121 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
You're very welcome.

Wildrob & Karen, I passed on your messages to Rudy.....and gave him little post it notes with the messages as well. He was happy to 'hear' from you both and said he's looking forward to meeting you.

Sunny AZ, I'm sad for you that you have to wait so long......but, at least you have something else to look forward to. A great tour in a city full of history!
gumballz,

Thank you for relaying the messages for us, and for the report back about your tour. Now I am so pumped for our trip. Unlike Sunny AZ, i will see him in 3 weeks!! I will also post my experience here when our group of 18 gets back.

Robert
Sunny AZ
23,461 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by cruzinismyname
gumballz,

Thank you for relaying the messages for us, and for the report back about your tour. Now I am so pumped for our trip. Unlike Sunny AZ, i will see him in 3 weeks!! I will also post my experience here when our group of 18 gets back.

Robert
OK - quit rubbing it in!!!! I was scheduled to go on his tour in February, but had to switch cruises. So it's 2011 for us now!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

My Bucket List Cruises:
Italy & Greek Islands
Baltic
European River Cruise
Alaska Cruisetour
Australia/Tahiti
Hawaii - again!

Happy Memories...

Lakeville, MN
6,037 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Like most of you know, we toured with Rudy from Tour by Van last week while we were in Acapulco.
Thanks for the review! We'll be using them 3 weeks from Monday! Though we won't be with Rudy, it will be one of his partners. I'll be posting how that goes although I expect we'll have a great time.

I have a couple questions. About how long did the tour last and was there an extra charge for the drinks?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew
[email protected]

Past:

-Carnival Elation (Interior M204) - Western Caribben (Progresso, Cozumel) - Oct 2013
-Carnival Victory (8M Aft 7426) - Eastern Caribben (Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk) - March 2013
-Ruby Princess (BB Midship Balcony C718) - Transatlantic 18 nights (Italy x4, Spain, France, Portugal x2) - Oct 2011
-Carnival Splendor (PT Forward 1214) - Mexican Riviera (Cabo x2 and Puerto Vallarta) - March 2011 - Platinum for DW!!
-Carnival Splendor (PT Forward 1214) - Mexican Riviera (Cabo x2 and Puerto Vallarta) - February 2011
-Carnival Miracle (VS Aft Wrap 4228) - Southern Caribbean (Grand Turk [drive by], Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba) - November 2010
-Carnival Imagination (PT Forward E7) - Western Caribbean (Key West, Cozumel) - November 2010
-Carnival Spirit (VS Aft Wrap 4237) - Hawaii 12 Nights - April 2010
-Carnival Spirit (8M Aft Balcony 4241) - Exotic Mexico (Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo) - November 2009
-Carnival Miracle (Cat 11 Aft Wrap 4237)- Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan) - February 2009
-Sapphire Princess (BB Aft Balcony C753)-Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo) - November 2008
-Carnival Triumph (Cat 11 Midship 7231) - Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, USVI, St. Maarten)- February 2006

What's Next:
Downey, CA
4,767 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
You're very welcome.

!

Much Thanks Gumballz, great details of your time with Rudy. I will be with him in February with the big group that Sunny AZ Girl (Ginny) was doing. Sorry Ginny that you are not able to come with us!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arlington, WA
121 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
[quote=gargoyle999;21962306] Though we won't be with Rudy, it will be one of his partners.

Gargoyle999, It looks like we are on the same cruise. Rudy will be with us as well as another one of his guys as we will have 18 people.

Robert
Arlington, WA
121 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Sunny AZ Girl
OK - quit rubbing it in!!!! I was scheduled to go on his tour in February, but had to switch cruises. So it's 2011 for us now!
Sorry Ginny, didnt mean to rub it in. Although I am very happy its me going soon! Hey, 2011 is just around the corner!!

Robert
Lakeville, MN
6,037 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by cruzinismyname
Gargoyle999, It looks like we are on the same cruise. Rudy will be with us as well as another one of his guys as we will have 18 people.
18 more days!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew
[email protected]

Past:

-Carnival Elation (Interior M204) - Western Caribben (Progresso, Cozumel) - Oct 2013
-Carnival Victory (8M Aft 7426) - Eastern Caribben (Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk) - March 2013
-Ruby Princess (BB Midship Balcony C718) - Transatlantic 18 nights (Italy x4, Spain, France, Portugal x2) - Oct 2011
-Carnival Splendor (PT Forward 1214) - Mexican Riviera (Cabo x2 and Puerto Vallarta) - March 2011 - Platinum for DW!!
-Carnival Splendor (PT Forward 1214) - Mexican Riviera (Cabo x2 and Puerto Vallarta) - February 2011
-Carnival Miracle (VS Aft Wrap 4228) - Southern Caribbean (Grand Turk [drive by], Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba) - November 2010
-Carnival Imagination (PT Forward E7) - Western Caribbean (Key West, Cozumel) - November 2010
-Carnival Spirit (VS Aft Wrap 4237) - Hawaii 12 Nights - April 2010
-Carnival Spirit (8M Aft Balcony 4241) - Exotic Mexico (Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo) - November 2009
-Carnival Miracle (Cat 11 Aft Wrap 4237)- Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan) - February 2009
-Sapphire Princess (BB Aft Balcony C753)-Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo) - November 2008
-Carnival Triumph (Cat 11 Midship 7231) - Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, USVI, St. Maarten)- February 2006

What's Next:
Yuma, AZ
53 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Thank you everyone for posting what you have experienced with Rudy. I am in the process of booking a trip with him on 6 January. I am so excited and can't wait. Unfortunetely Rudy is booked with another tour so we will be getting another one of his drivers, but I am sure we will have the same success as the rest of you. 58 days and counting.
Los Angeles, CA
144 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
For anyone with concerns, I just arranged a tour of Acapulco for 6 of us last week while we were in port and Rudy was absolutely as good as promised. If only there were a "Rudy" in all ports. He was on time, his van was in great condition and I feel like I learned more from him than I would have seen in 4 or 5 tours with someone else. He provided drinks, and truly was open to adapting the tour to what we wanted to see and do. I couldn't have been happier. His in person communication is every bit as good and thorough as his emails - I can say I wholeheartedly recommend him.