Just got off the spirit. Any questions?

mamaplanes

Hello

My in laws will be on the Spirit in September and I was wondering if you could advise as to what the main entertainment show is on board right now. The cruise is less than 90 days out but there is now shows listed for booking when we log into myncl

TIA

Lachelli

We've Been on the Spirit several times. There is no advance booking for shows needed just turn up and take a seat.

We've Been on the Spirit several times. There is no advance booking for shows needed just turn up and take a seat.

Thank you, do you know what the current entertainment lineup is, it will help give them some indication of what to expect.

I only have experience of the Epic and they have two regular shows, burn the floor and priscilla

Thanks

Lachelli

Thank you, do you know what the current entertainment lineup is, it will help give them some indication of what to expect.

I only have experience of the Epic and they have two regular shows, burn the floor and priscilla

Thanks

Lachelli

Sorry can't help you with that one, it's been a while since we were on the Spirit. We've got a B2B at Christmas and New Year

In Dubrovnik, could anyone tell me how far is the port from the old town and the wall? Is it a walking distance or should we take a taxi. Also could we book walking tour on site. I am also interested in the game of throne filming location, is that well indicated? Thank you

In Dubrovnik, could anyone tell me how far is the port from the old town and the wall? Is it a walking distance or should we take a taxi. Also could we book walking tour on site. I am also interested in the game of throne filming location, is that well indicated? Thank you

You will definitely need to take a taxi. NCL offered bus service at $15 per person. We were a family of 4 so it was more economical for us to take a cab. Cab stand is outside of cruise terminal about 50 meters to the right. Long line but cabs came very quickly. It was 10 Euros there and 13 Euros return. We confirmed with cab driver upon pick up that he would except Euros as we had not exchanged any Kuna.

Hello

My in laws will be on the Spirit in September and I was wondering if you could advise as to what the main entertainment show is on board right now. The cruise is less than 90 days out but there is now shows listed for booking when we log into myncl

TIA

Lachelli

Since the Spirit is a smaller ship no pre-booking needed/available for nightly shows. There were two showtimes every night at 7 and 9:30. I think shows vary from cruise to cruise. Some examples of shows on our sailing were. Flamenco dancers, Illusionist/Magic show, Strings of Fire, Juggler, Cruise line entertainment team/dancers musical reviews 2 nights plus finale Elements show, Husband & Wife Dancer/acrobatic/hand balancing act. My favorite was 4Ever (4 male singers kind of like 4 Tenors, El Divo concept) they performed 2 of the nights. There was never a problem finding a seat for the 9:30 show, Lots of people but lots of seats too. I don't know how packed the 7 pm shows were as with late on board time for ports we never seem to make those.

Hi jrpjk - did you happen to keep any of the dailies? I am looking for info on shows, trivia and white hot party times.

Also, do you happen to remember how many electrical outlets were in our cabin?

Thank you.

Showtimes were 7pm and 9:30pm in Stardust Theater.

White Hot party was at 10:30 or 11pm in Galaxy Lounge.

Galaxy is also where they did trivia, I think that was during the day on Sea days.

For the outlets. Sad to report only one 110v & one 220 by the desk. We had two cabins inside and balcony and same for both. There is also one in bathroom thru the hairdryer that says for shavers only. We took and used surge strips to provide more charging options for our various devices. Had them in plain sight and never a problem with either room steward.

Showtimes were 7pm and 9:30pm in Stardust Theater.

White Hot party was at 10:30 or 11pm in Galaxy Lounge.

Galaxy is also where they did trivia, I think that was during the day on Sea days.

For the outlets. Sad to report only one 110v & one 220 by the desk. We had two cabins inside and balcony and same for both. There is also one in bathroom thru the hairdryer that says for shavers only. We took and used surge strips to provide more charging options for our various devices. Had them in plain sight and never a problem with either room steward.

Thank you jrpjk! Do you recall which evening the White Hot party was? Also was the Norwegian night out on a sea day? I am trying to figure out our options and are looking at pre booking some of our dining at the 90 day mark....which is coming up this week!

Since the Spirit is a smaller ship no pre-booking needed/available for nightly shows. There were two showtimes every night at 7 and 9:30. I think shows vary from cruise to cruise. Some examples of shows on our sailing were. Flamenco dancers, Illusionist/Magic show, Strings of Fire, Juggler, Cruise line entertainment team/dancers musical reviews 2 nights plus finale Elements show, Husband & Wife Dancer/acrobatic/hand balancing act. My favorite was 4Ever (4 male singers kind of like 4 Tenors, El Divo concept) they performed 2 of the nights. There was never a problem finding a seat for the 9:30 show, Lots of people but lots of seats too. I don't know how packed the 7 pm shows were as with late on board time for ports we never seem to make those.

Thank you, it will really help them make plans

Thank you jrpjk! Do you recall which evening the White Hot party was? Also was the Norwegian night out on a sea day? I am trying to figure out our options and are looking at pre booking some of our dining at the 90 day mark....which is coming up this week!

I was on the 19th May sailing and the white hot party was on the night we were in Mykonos. It started about 10pm and lasted until after midnight. We brought our own glo sticks with us. We went to the pound/dollar store and picked up a couple boxes of cheap sticks. Worked great.

Our sailing was Barcelona to Venice direction. Norwegian Night out was the first sea day Day 6. The White Hot party was the night we left Athens Day 8.

Spirit doesn't have iConcierge. It wasn't available on the May 7th-19th sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this info--what a bummer. I can't figure out the best way for our threesome to stay in touch while on board! Through AT&T it looks like it's $60 to be able to get texting on board ship ($30 for phone package with no texting). Very frustrating!!

We are on the Sept 30 sailing and can't wait!

But for those looking to stay in touch with each other, this might be an option: http://www.gotenna.com/

I don't have one but I'm considering getting one at some point. It only has a range of 1-4 miles and I think you each need to have an antenna with you (they come in packs of two), but I think it does basically what iConcierge does, with the benefit of working on shore as well.

we are on Spirit 18 July Barcelona to Venice

what time is muster as trying to arrange a sailaway party and wondering best time to meet but that depends on timing of the drill

The muster drill was at 5pm. We had our meet & greet immediately following up at raffles bar and lasted thru sailaway.

Also big tip for those departing from Barcelona Port.... After you go thru security check for carry on, you go to get in line to check in and get your cruise card etc.... There will be some stores before you board including a LIQUOR store! I was able to purchase a few bottles of wine and throw them in my backpack. No further check points after that, straight up the escalator to scan your card to board ship. I was sure to keep my bottles tucked away in my cabin out of sight. Saved me $$$$$ on corkage and expensive on board drinks.

The muster drill was at 5pm. We had our meet & greet immediately following up at raffles bar and lasted thru sailaway.

Also big tip for those departing from Barcelona Port.... After you go thru security check for carry on, you go to get in line to check in and get your cruise card etc.... There will be some stores before you board including a LIQUOR store! I was able to purchase a few bottles of wine and throw them in my backpack. No further check points after that, straight up the escalator to scan your card to board ship. I was sure to keep my bottles tucked away in my cabin out of sight. Saved me $$$$$ on corkage and expensive on board drinks.

They're is usually another X-ray machine set up on the ship just after you get your card scanned, not sure why there wasn't but on my last 4 sailings from Barcelona there has been xx

We are sailing from Barcelona in February and will arrive the day before so looking for a hotel . Does anyone have any suggestions . Not sure whether to stay in town and get a cab the next day to the port or stay by the port and cab into town to sightsee?