How do you find out how full the ship is?

pcruz4ever

I do exactly the same thing as LARGIN does. I make believe I am booking a cruise. You can usually tell if all they have available is a couple of suites, maybe a few mini-suite but no inside cabins. That is a clue. It is not an exact science but is all I have to go on.

marilyn

When looking online for availabilty you will see only 7-9 cabins available in any category- make sure you change the number of passengers from 2, 3 and 4 passengers and there are different cabins for different amounts of people in each cabin. WHen you see less then 9 cabins the sailing is good. I wouldnt check this until after final payment. anythime before final payment == agents hold whole block of cabins, people cancel...etc.etc. A week after the final payment is paid then you will get a better feel of what is REALLY left.

When looking online for availabilty you will see only 7-9 cabins available in any category- make sure you change the number of passengers from 2, 3 and 4 passengers and there are different cabins for different amounts of people in each cabin. WHen you see less then 9 cabins the sailing is good. I wouldnt check this until after final payment. anythime before final payment == agents hold whole block of cabins, people cancel...etc.etc. A week after the final payment is paid then you will get a better feel of what is REALLY left.

LOL> I do this too! Im so nutty about it, I check expedia and travelocity at least 2 or 3 times every week. I make a game out of it. First I check cabins on all decks for two people, then I go back and check all decks again looking at 4 people. Just another way to stay excited about the cruise for me. :eek:

So I checked travelocity and there seems to be cabins in every catagory for my cruise next week including inside staterooms and suites. This cruise is also listed as *hot* on the RCI website. Does this mean the cruise is not as full? (am I getting my hopes up?). Also, does this mean the possibility of an upgrade? Thanks!

I've been checking on my April 30th Triumph cruise weekly and there are no more 1A cabins left and it seems very few inside cabins of any class available. But then again, as a solo cruiser . . . those are the only ones I could afford. There may be lots of balcony and suites available. Is the shortage of less expensive cabins available any indication of how full the ship is or just an indication of how many of the less expensive cabins have been booked?

So I checked travelocity and there seems to be cabins in every catagory for my cruise next week including inside staterooms and suites. This cruise is also listed as *hot* on the RCI website. Does this mean the cruise is not as full? (am I getting my hopes up?). Also, does this mean the possibility of an upgrade? Thanks!

Sounds as though there's a good possibility for an upgrade.

Good Luck!!

Minette

We are sailing on a ship that is reportedly full or over capacity in a few wks. However, some agencies warn about assuming there are no cabins when possibly a certain or preferred agency may STILL have a couple held. So don't give up if you are ever trying to get on a "full" ship! I have myself gotten a cruise once that was listed as full on two of the sites I tried but then a third had space. So I guess that was the reason.

There used to be a website that would list out every available cabin on the ship. I have lost the web address. Anybody happen to have that? Travelocity gives you blocks of seven or eight but not the whole ship.

Thanks............

Archived