Switching travel agency?

I made a deposit for a cruise in Oct 2005 and am not impressive with the travel agent I booked with. Is it possible to swtich to take my existing booking and move to another travel agency? I don't want to go with another agent in the same office because I just not impressive with their operation!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it should be possible. Some agencies, though, have penalties for changing a booking. Be sure you've read the fine print in whatever you've received. The best way to go about it is to call the cruise line and ask what the procedure would be to switch.

We once booked a cruise while on a Princess cruise and left the booking with the cruise line until we were sure we could get off from work. I had to fax a change request to Princess to get them to switch from a direct booking to our local TA.

Just did this. We booked w/ an internet broker agency & they quoted us the wrong price for our cabin. Celebrity notified them we would have to pay $205.00 pp for the outside cabin we wanted. The price quote we got was for an inside cabin! They wouldn't offer us anything for the error either. Admitted it was their fault. So we cancelled w/ them and rebooked w/ another agency. There was no problem with the cancellation, just the aggravation of getting our deposit refunded with Celebrity and rebooking with the 2nd agency and having to give a new deposit. Celebrity said it had to be done this way. It took a while to get it straightened out.

Yes, do read the fine print first b4 you cancel w/ them. If you have selected another agency, I would see if they can put a hold on the cabin you want w/ them and then proceed w/ the cancellation w/ the 1st agency. That way, you will know you have a cabin.

Hope this helps.

Archived