Experienced cruisers-help me pick my room.

kimmy624

Ok, we are planning a trip on the Carnival Pride next year. We know we want a balcony room. But I have no idea which class/deck to choose. They have 8 and then letters afterwards. I need an area of the boat that will have the least amount of motion. I was also wondering what would happen if we booked the balcony guarantee room. I know it means I will get a balcony but will it be a nick room or no???

I would pick Main Deck .. Catagory 8A .. around cabins 4173 or 4172.

These cabins are balcony, no obstructed view, and mid ship.

If you book a balcony guarantee, you will be get a balcony but it could be anywhere on the ship.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. We just did the Miracle (Cabin 4170) and absolutely loved it - across the hallway from our room - instead of other inside rooms or a wall, we had cut-out windows where you could look right down into the Atrium to see what was going on - it was so cool.

We enjoyed everything so much, we just booked again for President's Week next year - and I chose the closest cabin I could find (not many available, since I need a triple this time) - almost the exact location on the other side of the ship.

It was also the smoothest sailing we were ever on - couldn't even feel the ship moving - don't know if that's partially because of the cabin location and because we had absolutely perfect weather the whole week!

If you select a cabin on a website, most sites actually show you the entire layout of that deck, so you can see by a flashing icon exactly which cabins are available for that sailing and where they're located . . .

Good luck!:)

If you are worried about motion and seasickness, the advice give is true and correct. Midship has the least motion as do the lower decks. Therefore choose a balony on the lowest deck available (it will be less expensive that way too) center of the ship. DO NOT book a guarantee if you want a particular area of the ship. You may end up in the absolute worst place for you. You could also get a fabulous upgrade, but if seasickness is an issue.....book a specific cabin.

Mrsfuzzmo

Archived