Mariner Temperature

Linda VH

Haven't been on Mariner in a couple of years. My husband and I always find Voyager and Mariner quite cold (even when we dress as warmly as possible). We're especially uncomfortable in the dining areas, but usually in the public spaces as well. If we learned that somehow Mariner is being kept even cooler than in the past, we'd have to give it up (alas). Others will tell you that the ships are too warm. I would be curious to know, though, whether there's actually been some change in what Regent deems appropriate. Where did you see that the ship is colder now?

IMO, it depends upon where you live and what you are used to. Passengers from Florida tend to be cold while we tend to find the Mariner too warm (I do believe the theory that your blood thickens in cold climates:-) Passengers not used to air conditioning seem to hate it and find it cold. Another point is that CR feels a bit cool if you arrive at 6:30 p.m. but, as it fills up, the temperature rises to 74 degrees or so.

This issue has been discussed so many times that I purchased a small (hand-size) digital thermometer. It was 73 degrees in the Horizon Lounge and some British women were freezing while I was roasting (used to no more than 69 degrees inside). I have seen a temperature in any dining venue or lounge lower than 69 or higher than 75.

If you feel that you might be cold, take a sweater, shawl or pashmina to dinner. If you think that you'll find 70+ degrees too warm, wear as little as possible (while keeping with the dress code;))

We are on Mariner right now and I'm finding it pretty comfortable. Haven't needed a wrap in the evening but haven't dozed off in a lecture yet either (if it's too warm, I do!) I'd still bring layers for all eventualities, nevertheless.