On Vision OTS right now... Check your expenses statements

We're 1/2 way thru our cruise & thought we would check our on board account. Before this cruise we had ticked the box to have our Australian bank do the conversions ourselves. But after looking at the charges- RCI had done the exchanges themselves at 69c to the dollar when our bank would do it for 79c.

The man at guest services has been quite rude & said we needed another credit card so he could swap it over. We don't have another credit card.

He then said he could give us a 3% discount- but his hands were tied.

I then said I wanted to speak to the financial person... BOOM, that changed everything.

The man said he would wipe our account & we can start again without them doing the exchange!!!

Grrrrr.

Just a warning if you think your bank is doing the conversion, just make sure.

Apart from that- this cruise has been 10/10 for everything!!!!

Detailed review to come!

Hailey.

Excellent reminder for something we Americans don't usually think about.

I had thought it was going to be about finding unauthorized charges, as we did. That is another good reason to check your onboard account regularly. We bought the soda package for one person on the second leg of a B2B and checked our account a day later and it hadn't posted yet. We forgot to check again until the last night and saw that they had not only charged us for the soda package, but someone else's beverage package! Of course it took half an hour with guest services and a great deal of frustration on our part to remove the charge. They said it was our mistake (?), but did finally clear the unwanted, unused beverage package charge. It was our fault for not reviewing our account sooner, I admit, and we won't make that mistake again.