Caribbean Flight question re Seat Booking

bee-ess

It is coming up time to book seats for our upcoming Caribbean Cruise on Britannia. We have been many times with P&O to Carribean but have never booked seats before. We are going on a Thomson Dreamliner which has 3-3-3 seat config ABC DEF GHJ. I've read that we cannot book aisle seats (is that correct ?) If so which pairs of seats can be book. Ideally we would book BC or GH but don't think that this is allowed. Can anyone tell me the exact rules......thanks

Edited by bee-ess

Hello

If the window A or J seats are not taken, it does not usually allow you to book BC or GH, but when you log in to choose it, it will show when you hover over the seat whether you can book it. There is one row at the back where the body narrows were the seats are 2-3-2 ,row 39 seat AC and GJ

Good Luck

Martyn

Edited by mkh999
added detail

Hello

If the window A or J seats are not taken, it does not usually allow you to book BC or GH, but when you log in to choose it, it will show when you hover over the seat whether you can book it. There is one row at the back where the body narrows were the seats are 2-3-2 ,row 39 seat AC and GJ

Good Luck

Martyn

Thanks, are you allowed to book DE or EF in the centre block ?

We did last time we flew Dreamliner. We had two seats together in the centre block, D&E, then our friends booked (separately) seats F to complete the middle row and G across the aisle. This leaves two seats together at the window for other passengers to book.

I think as said before, they are trying to avoid the single window seat being left on its own. But we found that often two seats are booked by the window leaving a single aisle seat and then a couple are allocated two aisle seats one behind the other.

We very much like the Dreamliner but the 3-3-3 does leave a lot of singles since most passengers are travelling as couples.

Hope you get what you want when booking opens -don't forget it opens at 00.00 on the appointed day so if you want to get the maximum choices on offer, it might be worth waiting up! Good luck.

It is coming up time to book seats for our upcoming Caribbean Cruise on Britannia. We have been many times with P&O to Carribean but have never booked seats before. We are going on a Thomson Dreamliner which has 3-3-3 seat config ABC DEF GHJ. I've read that we cannot book aisle seats (is that correct ?) If so which pairs of seats can be book. Ideally we would book BC or GH but don't think that this is allowed. Can anyone tell me the exact rules......thanks

Hi

We are on the Dreamliner in 4 weeks time and we booked E and F no problem. That way either of us can get up and go for a walk without disturbing a stranger.

Have a great cruise, we are certainly looking forward to ours :)

I had a big argument with P&O over this. My wife is a very nervous flyer and we wanted to guarantee an aisle and middle seat. When you ask them why you can't book those two seats they say it's because other people will have to sit in a single window seat away from their families etc.

Is that those people who DON'T want to pay to pre-book their seats? If they don't, then they have to take what's left. I'm paying good money to pre-book them, and those who don't pay are getting to sit together anyway. I can't take the chance. I have to ensure we are sat together and ideally with an aisle seat.

P&O did let me do it on one flight, but made it clear it was an exception. You can't even book the exit seats, because they are all blocked out when you go on. But I'm sorry, as much as I disagree with paying for seats, if you have that policy, let people book what they want and the rest will have to take pot luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as I don't like the idea of paying additional money I think it best to book. The 333 seating layout on the Dreamliner certainly was causing some grief when we went on it. A group of 5 quite senior customers obviously hadn't booked seats and hadn't all been seated together. I think they had still been allocated 1 x 2 seats together and 1 x 3 seats together but that wasn't good enough. They claimed the check in staff at the airport told them to get the cabin crew to "sort it" so they could all sit near each other. I got the distinct impression that they were well practiced at causing a fuss and the poor cabin crew were faced with dealing with these very rude people whilst trying to get the plane ready to go. All very unpleasant and not surprisingly quite a few people who had paid to reserve their seats were not that accommodating when asked if they would move. You do get a few sadly.

Some of our old folk are much more savvy than they let on. They don't pay for the seats and knowing.....or so they think.....that if they create enough fuss, they will be sat together.

I like to people-watch on ships and the funniest things come from some older people on walking sticks. They quite rightly have doors opened for them and way is given to them. But just watch them when the lift they need is the furthest one away. Their stick goes up in the air and they leg it across to the lift, knocking aside anyone who's on their way. [emoji3]

Edited by ChrisPBacon

Some of our old folk are much more savvy than they let on. They don't pay for the seats and knowing.....or so they think.....that if they create enough fuss, they will be sat together.

I like to people-watch on ships and the funniest things come from some older people on walking sticks. They quite rightly have doors opened for them and way is given to them. But just watch them when the lift they need is the furthest one away. Their stick goes up in the air and they leg it across to the lift, knocking aside anyone who's on their way. [emoji3]

One thing which really does bug me are people for whom you stand back, open doors, give them right of way (when there is no reason why it should be you and not them who gives way) and they waltz past without a 'Thank you' or any kid of acknowledgement that you're even there - never mind having flattened yourself to the wall for their benefit! I'm not pointing the finger at any particular group - it happens across the board but some people do have an enormous sense of entitlement - and no manners! And I, for one, having paid to book my seat would definitely not move for them! And the more obnoxious they got - the more determined I'd be not to comply. What a nerve!

I have an answer to that. As they walk through and not even acknowledge me, I shout THANK YOU, which kind of startles them and alerts everyone around. They look a bit sheepish then.

Sometimes, you can tell that a person isn't being rude. They are obviously focussed on something else and are oblivious to you. But they are in the minority. Most are just ignorant and rude.

We did last time we flew Dreamliner. We had two seats together in the centre block, D&E, then our friends booked (separately) seats F to complete the middle row and G across the aisle. This leaves two seats together at the window for other passengers to book.

I think as said before, they are trying to avoid the single window seat being left on its own. But we found that often two seats are booked by the window leaving a single aisle seat and then a couple are allocated two aisle seats one behind the other.

We very much like the Dreamliner but the 3-3-3 does leave a lot of singles since most passengers are travelling as couples.

Hope you get what you want when booking opens -don't forget it opens at 00.00 on the appointed day so if you want to get the maximum choices on offer, it might be worth waiting up! Good luck.

Hi

We are on the Dreamliner in 4 weeks time and we booked E and F no problem. That way either of us can get up and go for a walk without disturbing a stranger.

Have a great cruise, we are certainly looking forward to ours :)

Thanks both - I'm going to try for the DE or EF option, seems the best solution.

We have booked 2 seats on the middle row so we don't have to move anybody else to get up for the loo or a walk about, we had no problems with booking these, we have E & F both ways, I've just looked and there is still quite a few seats available to book with only 28 days to go:)

Edited by ascot2012